Question on allen wrench holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on allen wrench holder

If you have one of these allen wrench holders for your guitar, I have a question for you please.

I'm wondering if it could be held on by heavy duty double sided tape. I'd prefer not to put any screw holes in the back of my guitars' headstocks and that type looks like it could work without screws.

I really like this type of allen wrench but I've scoured the Internet, no one has them and I don't know the manufacturer is.

I just hate digging around for allen wrenches when I need one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Go to GC and ask them for a "trem tool". It comes with both size allens for a floyd on one tool and has double sided tape to hold the "holder" to the back of your headstock.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
      Go to GC and ask them for a "trem tool". It comes with both size allens for a floyd on one tool and has double sided tape to hold the "holder" to the back of your headstock.
      The "Trem Tool" is precisely what I'm looking for (see the 2nd link in my original post) but there are no GCs nearby. Thanks for the info though.

Comment

Dang I'd be worried about the tape doing more damage than two small screws would, as far as peeling off paint goes.

Comment

Here is the only place I could find that sells it online.

http://www.oklahomavintageguitar.com/trtositofitf.html
          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            Dang I'd be worried about the tape doing more damage than two small screws would, as far as peeling off paint goes.
            My trem guitars don't have painted or even finished necks. They're both Charvel bolt-ons so I'm not worried about the tape damaging the finish.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              Here is the only place I could find that sells it online.

http://www.oklahomavintageguitar.com/trtositofitf.html
              Thanks for looking for that but it's the same site I linked to for a pic and they are out-of-stock. Every link I found online to places that sell them is out-of-stock.

I couldn't even find any on eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                My trem guitars don't have painted or even finished necks. They're both Charvel bolt-ons so I'm not worried about the tape damaging the finish.
                I see. Carry on then!

Comment

Considering how difficult they are to find online, I'm betting that they have been discontinued.

However, that leads me back to my original question about this type of allen wrench holder which is readily available. If anyone uses one, do you think it could be attached to the headstock by double sided tape?
                  Last edited by Matt_B; 01-30-2009, 11:18 AM.

Comment

The "Trem Tool" is precisely what I'm looking for (see the 2nd link in my original post) but there are no GCs nearby. Thanks for the info though.
                    I am sorry. I did not even notice the "links" in your original post. Now I see them.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

However, that leads me back to my original question about this type of allen wrench holder which is readily available. If anyone uses one, do you think it could be attached to the headstock by double sided tape?
                      I think it will hold no problem. Go to the auto parts store and get 3M automotive grade double sided tape. Clean both surfaces with rubbing alcohol. Let it dry and stick it on. It shouldn't go anywhere. They stick parts on cars with that stuff.
                      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                        I think it will hold no problem. Go to the auto parts store and get 3M automotive grade double sided tape. Clean both surfaces with rubbing alcohol. Let it dry and stick it on. It shouldn't go anywhere. They stick parts on cars with that stuff.
                        Awesome, thank you! That's exactly what I needed to know.

Comment

I like the original Schaller holders with the ball bearing insert. Instead of drilling my headstock, I took a big triangular Gibson pick and cut it away to make a little platform which fixes on to the tuner screws. The wrench holder was then pop riveted onto the platform. I put a piece of self adhesive felt pad underneath it so nothing touches the paint.

I realise a pic would be much easier than an explanation, but I have no way of posting pics at the mo.

Comment

Hmmmm. :idea:
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Wouldn't it damage the finish if you ever remove it? I mean, almost as much (more possibly) than just sticking a couple of easily fillable screw holes in.
                              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X