Gotoh Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotoh Floyd

Does anyone know what the stud spacing of an OFR Floyd is? Would it be the same for the Gotoh Floyd?

2.91" or 74mm. Gotoh spacing is the same.

Comment

Gotoh

Thanks DG

Comment

FYI Older Ibanez Edge trems are the same as well. I had one on a BC rich STIII and changed it to an OFR cause I had one.
        This space for rent

Comment

What do you call the floyd which allows you to install a D-tuna in? I wanted to put a D-tuna in my DK2M but the floyd on the DK2M is not compatible for a D-tuna.
          Sam

Comment

A Floyd that you can use a D Tuna with would be an OFR, or a Licensed version of an OFR. such as the new Floyd Rose Special, Ping or something along that line... Just make sure that it's not a low profile type of Floyd, or the Schaller version of a Floyd with the fat allen bolts for the string lock blocks
            Don

Comment

The other issue here is that the trem is recessed on the DK2M. The D-Tuna most likely will not clear the rear of the trem rout. In order to avoid having to modify the rout, I guess you might be able to raise the trem just enough for the D-Tuna to overhang (since you'll only be diving and the trem will be blocked), then shim the neck to the correct angle. That's a lot of trouble to go to, plus you'd be messing with how the guitar feels & plays just to put the D-tuna on. If it were mine, I'd probably just block the trem and use my fine tuner.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                The other issue here is that the trem is recessed on the DK2M. The D-Tuna most likely will not clear the rear of the trem rout. In order to avoid having to modify the rout, I guess you might be able to raise the trem just enough for the D-Tuna to overhang (since you'll only be diving and the trem will be blocked), then shim the neck to the correct angle. That's a lot of trouble to go to, plus you'd be messing with how the guitar feels & plays just to put the D-tuna on. If it were mine, I'd probably just block the trem and use my fine tuner.
                Shit! that IS a lot of work. I dont want to mess up the DK2M just for the D-tuna. I had blocked the trem completely until now...just wondered if I could go back to floating and get a D-tuna.
                Sam

Comment

or you could route space for a d-tuna..
                  The Yellow and Black Attack!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbone View Post
                    A Floyd that you can use a D Tuna with would be an OFR, or a Licensed version of an OFR. such as the new Floyd Rose Special, Ping or something along that line... Just make sure that it's not a low profile type of Floyd, or the Schaller version of a Floyd with the fat allen bolts for the string lock blocks
                    You can use the D-Tuna with a Schaller Floyd. Kramers from Musicyo had em installed from the factory and works perfectly with a trem that was identical to a Schaller. Also the instructions that come with the D-Tuna tell you how to install it on the Schallers. They come with 2 screws for that too.
                    It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                      Shit! that IS a lot of work. I dont want to mess up the DK2M just for the D-tuna. I had blocked the trem completely until now...just wondered if I could go back to floating and get a D-tuna.
                      If I understand correctly, you have to set the trem for dive only. It won't work with the D-tuna as a fully floating bridge, unfortunately, or I'd have had one years ago.

Sniff..

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                        just wondered if I could go back to floating and get a D-tuna.
                        IIRC, you need to have the trem blocked to use a D-tuna anyway. Throws the whole balance out of whack if it's floating.

Comment

Damn! Another threadsurrection! Thanks for the reply guys. I've long since installed a Tremol-no until and was using it in my band floating/completely blocked depending on the song. I never went the D-Tuna route. Now, I just play a fixed-bridge 7 string tuned 1/2 step down from Standard.
                          Sam

Comment

I guess it would be difficult to install a D-Tuna on a new Pro-Mod series?
                            E = Fb

Comment

Why? I'm not into D-Tuna's but a Pro-Mod seems to be an easy retrofit. You just have to block the trem in some way for dive only.

Comment

Working...
                              X