Paint and setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint and setup

Who does great paint and setup work? I'm thinking of sending my Chavel production model off to get redone. Some things I'd like done:

Repainted
    Perhaps changed to 1 hum or hum/single
    Full setup (fret dress, etc.)
    Change hardware to gold

So I would want someone who could do it all. Not sure if GMW still works on other companies' guitars, but they were who I was thinking of. And, of course, I wouldn't want to pay insane prices if someone has a better deal.

Any ideas?
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

GMW won't work on other guitars any more.

Dan Lawrence and Mike Learn both do paintwork services, but I don't think either do woodworking changes.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yeah, I think Lee (GMW) is doing only his line of guitars now. You might want to contact Mr. Learn though. He does have his own line of guitars now. So he must be doing some woodworking as well as painting.
      You might want to check Dave Mansel (www.paintbydave.com). I have not had anything done by him, but he paints David McNaught's guitars and has his own line of guitars also.
      Please post as to who and what you decide to have done.

Comment

I had my local luthier do the woodworking, then sent the guitar off to a different shop for paint. That allowed me to do a thorough final inspection in person prior to the start of paint work.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
          ...You might want to check Dave Mansel (www.paintbydave.com). I have not had anything done by him, but he paints David McNaught's guitars and has his own line of guitars also....
          I checked with Mansel a little over a year ago and he wasn't painting guitars other than the one's he was making.

Comment

I can do what ever you need from total rebuild, new construction to simple set ups. There are no limitations. I have a full machine shop.
            Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
            http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Cool Mike. I figured you'd be busy with all of the customs you're doing, but great. I'll check you out.

~Dan
              My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                You might want to check Dave Mansel (www.paintbydave.com). I have not had anything done by him, but he paints David McNaught's guitars and has his own line of guitars also.
                Dave paints pretty much all my Clone brand guitars for me and does some amazing work! he however does not do refinish work, he only paints new raw bodies.

-Mike
                www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Working...
                X