JE-1200 H/H wiring help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JE-1200 H/H wiring help?

My tekky is gonna attempt to wire my axe with a JE-1200 circuit in the H/H config, with an EMG 60 neck/EMG 81 bridge. Anyone have any experience trying to wire a similar configuration? Note that I have given him a cpl schematics from the audiozone site etc... Any help would be much appreciated so to make it easier on him. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by sl2lover; 01-28-2009, 09:58 AM.
    I love admins!

Anybody chime in? Can you wire the JE-1200 to just one tone knob config, or do you need two??
    I love admins!

Comment

You don't have to have a tone control, but you'll need the midboost level control pot, so you can get away with just the onboard volume pot and that.

Comment

I thought the mid boost was full time, and the the onboard pot was the volume?
        I love admins!

Comment

The onboard pot is the volume. There is another 50k pot used for the midboost level control. On C/J guitars with the boost installed, like a Model 6, it's set up with 3 pots: vol, tone, and midboost control.

You can see all 3 in this diagram, midboost on the far right:

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....491&fullsize=1

Quite a few people think they have 2 tone controls when they get a used guitar with the midboost, but they don't.

Comment

I never saw that config? I have a Jackson 1988 limited edition. It has one volume pot on the board and a 5 way switch. S/H config. Am I to understand that the boost has never been activated in my guitar? Just curious
            Sorry I messed up I have the JE-1000, my bad
            Last edited by Slik_Karl; 02-05-2009, 06:24 PM.
            2008 DXMG in Gray w/ Duncan Mayhem set
            2007 DK2m White Bengal
            88 Jackson limited edition
            Charvel Preditor
            PS-3T Rhoads Performer
            Jackson DX10D
            3 Randall RGT 100 ES tube heads
            4 JCM900 4x12 bottom cabs
            Rockman 1/2 rack Chorus/Delay
            Roland GP-8 Rack processor

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
              The onboard pot is the volume. There is another 50k pot used for the midboost level control. On C/J guitars with the boost installed, like a Model 6, it's set up with 3 pots: vol, tone, and midboost control.

You can see all 3 in this diagram, midboost on the far right:

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....491&fullsize=1

Quite a few people think they have 2 tone controls when they get a used guitar with the midboost, but they don't.
              Great thanks a ton for the help!!!!
              I love admins!

Comment

Working...
              X