Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graphite Reinforcement Bars for Strat/Dinky Necks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphite Reinforcement Bars for Strat/Dinky Necks?

Fanboy that I am, I was hunting around for a Strat or Dinky replacement neck with graphite reinforcement bars - but couldn't find any. Such things are not even on the options list of Warmoth or USA customguitars. It seems to be a standard option for bass guitars and when did we guitarist stop overengineering things?

IMHO such bars stiffen the neck and minimize seasonal adjustments - a useful feature, so why is it so uncommon?

Guessing because they cost a lot and are hard to do.

My Vigier has one.

Maybe makers think they are unecessary.
    http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Originally posted by wanthairspray View Post
      Guessing because they cost a lot and are hard to do.

My Vigier has one.

Maybe makers think they are unecessary.
      Most probably you are right. But OTOH, my Parker Fly does not need *any* seasonal adjustment (as observed over the last 6 years) - so the Graphite/Carbon thing does work and the heel adjustment on my Strat and SoCal is such a PITA, because you have to unscrew the neck.

So if anyone of the Charvel production crew is lurching around here: Heel adjustment is OK, if you install a spokeswheel nut like they are on the Axis, EVH and NiteFlys.

Comment

I got them put in on my 5 piece custom neck by Chris Woods. This neck is more solid then anything I have EVER felt. Like a brick, yet sounds sweet!!!

Comment

Carvin used the graphite rods for a long time, but I heard they don't use them any more.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X