Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are most all Floyd Saddles about the same quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are most all Floyd Saddles about the same quality?

Curious if people have found some to be particularly crappy or particularly nicely made/strong

I need to pick some up for my floyds, and don't wanna buy crap. Are some milled? Or are they all just pot metal? I'm aware some jackson ones are "different" as in the saddles blocks are thinner.

Umm... Not wanting to buy the platinum ones... Well, I want to, just can't afford to haha...

Had a few crack over the years and it just seems they can crack at bad times... Just cracked one on a charvel branded floyd on my 475, looks like the regular floyd saddles... Are they cheesily made compared to "original floyds"?
    Last edited by Cleveland Metal; 01-22-2009, 11:37 PM.

The few times I've replaced saddles on my Floyds, I've always stayed with the Schaller made saddles. Can't really say on any of the others. But I would imagine there probably like a licensed by Floyd compared to the original Schaller Floyds. But I could be wrong....
    Here's a few to choose from...

http://www.guitarnucleus.com/gnstore/tremolo.html#floyd
    Don

Comment

call schaller directly, tell them you have problems with yours like defects or something causing all your strings to break prematurely. they'll send you free ones.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
        call schaller directly, tell them you have problems with yours like defects or something causing all your strings to break prematurely. they'll send you free ones.
        Sounds like an equitable solution, haha... But, I can imagine working at Schaller and some guy calls with "all my strings are breaking and I blame my Schaller Floyd (and not my own stupidity)"... And what I'd think of him, hahah...

Still, worth a shot tho maybe haha...

If not, any great (cheap) places to get them? Basically $15 bucks a shot everywhere huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal
          $15 bucks a shot everywhere huh?
          Pretty much, but when I'm making a large order I deal with Guitar Nucleus because all the little doodad parts are cheaper than anyplace else I've seen.

Go here.
          There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Yeah, Dogbone mentioned them and I looked them over.

Looks good. Good to know you had good experience w/them. Prolly just grab a couple for the gig bag till I get financially cool again and then just replace the bridge and just use this Charvel Floyd for backup parts. Got some chrome ones off an FR II, but of course I need black.

Mostly wondered if some were crappy and to stay way from, and if someone had em cheap.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X