Where to find licensed Floyd parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find licensed Floyd parts

Just picked up an abused Washburn 7-string that is missing the licensed Floyd tremolo arm, and has a broken insert for the arm on the tremolo. Possibly there is a source for the tremolo arm assembly.

I thought about swapping out the tremolo system, but I have found it to be more responsive than the Schaller on my Charvel 650XL.

I tried using the Schaller arm, but it does not have the same thread as the licensed Floyd.

guitarpartsdepot.com

Comment

Can the socket for the arm be removed from the baseplate? If it's similar to the Schaller, but just different threads on the socket & collar, you should be able to take the socket out and replace the whole thing with a new socket & arm.

If I'm misreading your post and you already tried to put the Schaller socket in, but there are threads in the baseplate itself that won't let the Schaller socket fit, the threads can be filed out (or even scraped out by rotating a large flat-blade screwdriver in the hole if the metal isn't too hard) just enough so the Schaller socket fits. This is an easy & popular mod that people here do to their JT-6 trems to replace missing or wobbly arms.

The bar & socket kit goes for $12 - $15 depending on where you shop. That will most likely be easier than trying to find an arm to fit the threads on the existing socket.

Comment

there is a guy on ebay who sells all kinds of jackson stuff and most are buy it now stores.ebay.com/Six-String-Auctions

Comment

Sweet! Thanks for the input. I never thought of pulling the Schaller arm and socket off and giving it a try. That makes better sense. I will also give guitarpartsdepot a try.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X