strange fret buzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange fret buzz

ok my 3DRs action is quite perfect but sadly, it buzzes ONLY and ONLY in the eleventh fret of the third, fourth and fifth strings... should i insert something below the saddle? or is it some truss rod problem or what? im using .10s.
    my neck seems to have a little relief but i straightened her out already but still theres that strange buzzz that actualy muffles the strings when i press down the eleventh of 3rd 4th and 5th strings

Do you have a high fret-12th? or are the middle saddles a little worn?

Comment

Yeah, I'd check if the frets are all level. It sounds like either the 12th is high or the 11th is low.

edit: and yes check the saddles. They should be higher than the outer saddles to compensate for the radius of the fretboard.
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        Do you have a high fret-12th? or are the middle saddles a little worn?
        i barely notice its any higher, but yeah the buzz is coming from the 12th. can a .50 fine wire gauze do the job?

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
          Yeah, I'd check if the frets are all level. It sounds like either the 12th is high or the 11th is low.

edit: and yes check the saddles. They should be higher than the outer saddles to compensate for the radius of the fretboard.
          well the JT-6's block is already naturally curved so the bridge follows the radius of the board. what can i insert underneath the saddle?

Comment

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/floyd-tremolo-tips.htm
            Scott

Comment

I'd be willing to bet the frets need leveling. I had the same problem just recently.
              Your friendly neighborhood import whore :: '08 DK2M, '08 DKMG, '03 KVX10, '94 Dinky Rev.

Comment

I agree with Gank. I used to suffer the same till I fiddles with the frets. It took time and patience (something that I'm NOT well known for!), but perserverance paid off!
                Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

Working...
                X