Modular plug 'n' play pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modular plug 'n' play pickups

Somebody FINALLY came out with a modular, plug 'n' play system for non-active pickups! Surprisingly, it's Taylor that came out with it! Here it is.

SD and DiMarzio should've offered this a long time ago, IMO.

Looks cool. Hopefully everyone else jumps on the bandwagon!
    [sigpic=true][/sigpic]My gear :

Guitars
    Gibson Les Paul Standard
    Jackson RR3 Pro series
    Epiphone Prophecy EX
    Kramer Striker
    Amps
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Fender Frontman 15R
    Peavey Valveking 212
    Effects
    Zoom G9.tt
    Zoom 505

Comment

theres still a bunch of work you need to do to switch pickups so soldering the leads isn't that much more work
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

That's an awesome idea. Why shouldn't pickups be as easily changed as tubes?

Comment

Gibson used to have a dealer display guitar and pickup set where various models of pickups were mounted in wood blocks with PC-style connectors. The guitar had the bridge and neck pickup areas on the body cut completely out, and you would pop whichever pickup block you wanted to hear into the body. No soldering, no restringing.

One sold on Ebay a few years ago for less than $700, and I missed out on it because I'm a dumbass

That said, swapping pickups on a Floyded guitar is a lot easier than on a non-Floyded, but there's still the soldering.

However, if you took the time to pre-solder a connector to your pots and such, then whenever you got in a new pickup you presoldered it to a connector, changing them out would take less time than changing one string.
          Last edited by Newc; 01-19-2009, 04:13 AM.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
          X