VVT or VTT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VVT or VTT?

This seems to be a question that transcends all guitar brands. So, let's hear your opinions. As a player, do you prefer volume-volume-tone, or volume-tone-tone? Does it really matter if the context is Jackson/BC Rich/Fender/Gibson?
    VVT: 2 volume knobs, 1 tone knob
    90.00%
    VTT: 1 volume knob, 2 tone knobs
    10.00%

I prefer VVT. I hardly use the tone control, but I like using the volume control on my neck pickup just to roll it back for clean tones, then switch to the bridge for full on distortion.
    My gunmetal gray RR1T is VVT, but the black one I had was VTT. I don't know why Jackson changed it, but I guess they think more people need two tone knobs for some reason.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      I prefer VVT. I hardly use the tone control, but I like using the volume control on my neck pickup just to roll it back for clean tones, then switch to the bridge for full on distortion.
      +1
      Same reason I like that setup.
      -Rick

Comment

i like that same setup as it is on my rr3 and i do not even touch the tone i just leave it in the middle!

Comment

I prefer V.

If I had multiple knobs, I would prefer VVT for the reason Joe mentioned.
          Scott

Comment

VV only. I never use the tone control anyway
            If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Given the choice between the two, I voted for VVT. My Charvel only has VT but also has a micro switch that bypasses volume and tone and reverts back to the bridge pup for leads. It took me quite awhile to get use to it but it's actually pretty handy sometimes.
              Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

VVT would be more useful. People tend to use volume more than tone, and it lets you mix the pickups.

Comment

Volume only.
                  If I had to choose, I'd go with 2 Volumes..
                  'Howling in shadows
                  Living in a lunar spell
                  He finds his heaven
                  Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Wow it's pretty unanimous. I'm used to VTT from playing my strats, but I guess I really don't touch the tone knobs that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                      Wow it's pretty unanimous. I'm used to VTT from playing my strats, but I guess I really don't touch the tone knobs that much.
                      +1
                      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                      --floydkramer

Comment

You mean to tell me there's a tone pot on my Model 3?!
                        Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

V only....

I disable tone controls and run straight out of the volume pot in every guitar I play. Heck, most of them, I've disabled the single coils since I use EMG's and the EMG singles sound too thin and weak. So, I just run the Bridge pickup, haha...

emg 81>PA-2 Preamp> out

Comment

2 volumes, with the tone connected only to the neck pickup.
                            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

My preference as well ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                              Don

Comment

Working...
                              X