J-80c wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-80c wiring question

I'm swapping out my J-80C's for a Dimarzio Mo' Joe and PAF Joe (yeah, I like Satriani). Are Jackson wire colors the same as Dimarzio (I'm guessing no).

Scott

I believe the Jackson pickups have the same wire colors as Seymour Duncan...but don't quote me on it.

If you're swapping in Dimarzios, what does it matter?
    Scott

Comment

Here's a handy table:

It can come in really handy if you're doing anything that's a little tricky, like wiring up one of the 5-way super switches on a Model 5 or 750XL. That's where I found out that Jackson & Duncan codes aren't identical, even though they look like they are in most basic wiring configs.

Comment

Yeap, my Model 3A has one of the 5-way super switches, want to make sure I get it right on the first try.

Comment

Although the J80C looks like Seymour Duncan wiring, the green and black are reversed, so if you follow SD wiring it'll be out of phase with the rest of your pickups if they are not also Jacksons.

Your J80C should have the red and white joined together to make a humbucker, that part of it is the same as SD.

Comment

You're going to like that Mo'Joe pickup. I just put one in one of my Charvels, and it's very cool. Satch fan or no, I'm digging it.

Comment

I always get my wiring colours from here :
              http://www.guitar-repairs.co.uk/guit...lour_codes.htm
              it's never let me down yet, and there's brands there I'll probably never even own !

Comment

Thanks, Tim! That's the most I've seen listed in one place.

Comment

Working...
                X