project guitar problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• project guitar problem?

So, my fusion ex's body had a crack, since i dont like seeing the crack, i decided to replace the body. i got my self a jackson V std body as a replacement. i know it silly, a 22 fret body guitar w/ a 24 fret neck, but hey. they fit. so then i stripped all the hardware from my fusion ex to this fusion king...i guess. so after a long work of installation shits, everything is fine. except for one, i dont even know how to explain it...but in anycase, the guitar is in standard right now, everything on the fret is fine, up until the 11th fret. starts from the 11th fret, every note becomes...like a 1/2 step down tuning. yeah, so the 12th E becomes on the 13th fret...its weird, and the 24th fret doesnt sound like one anymore, instead it sounds like the reguar 23rd fret. so... help?
    right now, i'm tight on budget, so i cant really go to a local guitar shop and get em to fix it XO. Also, i didnt mess around with the floyd rose system, i think it has something to do with the part where the saddles moves up and down...but i dont know. Thanks guys =D

PS: where can i get the whammy bar for this specific floyd rose? it seems that it has like a fender style screw whammy since the whammy on my soloist PRO/Rhoads PRO doesnt fit =P
    thanks again
    Last edited by laihojrxo; 01-06-2009, 03:45 PM.
    Own:
    '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
    w/e catches my eyes ATM
    More '90 Professionals

You can't put a 22 fret body with a 24 fret neck. They won't intonate. (sp?)

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
      You can't put a 22 fret body with a 24 fret neck. They won't intonate. (sp?)
      BINGO!!!!

The intonation is off due to the new "scale" of the guitar.
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Fusions are 24 and 3/4 inch scale also. correct?

EJ

Comment

Originally posted by ejpii View Post
          Fusions are 24 and 3/4 inch scale also. correct?

EJ
          yes they are, this wont work without woodwork and would not be worth it. you need a fusion body they make them in all kinds of configs that will work and shouldnt be too expensive

Chris

EDIT: there is also the possibility the crack is just in the finish and hardly anything to worry about unless you care about how it looks. buying a body might be more trouble than its worth with finding one in good condition, but you could also find one you like more than what you have. on a side note I actually Have a USA Fusion neck i am mating to a japanese Fusion HH body and it will be exactly want i want for 20% of a custom shop price.
          Last edited by rps14a; 01-06-2009, 01:05 AM.

Comment

so i guess the problem is the body right?
            but couldnt i just set the intonation of the guitar? if not, is there any other way then getting a fusion body since i dont really want to get another strat style body? how about a jackson warrior's body? o_O
            Own:
            '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
            w/e catches my eyes ATM
            More '90 Professionals

Comment

Why not just get a proper neck for the V?

-Steve
              Guitars:
              '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
              '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
              '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
              Amp:
              VOX AD30VT

Comment

The problem is a combination of the neck and body... they don't match.

Perhaps this will shed some light or maybe it will muddy it up a bit. When matching a body and neck together the distance from the nut to the 12th fret must measure the same as the distance from the 12th fret to the bridge saddles.

In the case of the neck you are using it is 24.75" scale. The distance from the nut to the 12th fret is half the scale so it's 12.375". For the guitar to intonate properly the distance from the 12th fret to the bridge should be 12.375" and 24.75" from the nut to bridge.

I hope this helps a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
                  Why not just get a proper neck for the V?

-Steve
                  no, i love the fusion ex neck, its so far the thinnest neck i've ever played. to be honest, i would say that its even more comfortable than the other PROs i own in terms of comfortability. but neck through wins my heart...always :idea:
                  and slash, i understand what you're saying. i havent measure the distance from the 12th fret to the bridge yet. but if its not 12.375", then what :think:?
                  sorry, i'm a newb when it comes to guitar techs
                  Own:

Dreamin abt:
                  w/e catches my eyes ATM
                  More '90 Professionals

Comment

12th fret to saddles must also be 12.375

chris

Comment

ok, i measured the length from 12fret to the saddles, and theyre a bit less than 13"
                      any other way to fix this problem than just simply replacing the body again? XO
                      Own:

Dreamin abt:
                      w/e catches my eyes ATM
                      More '90 Professionals

Comment

either move the neck back towards the bridge the distance needed or move the bridge up until the measurement is correct. will lose a pickup either way or at least half of one...

Comment

Working...
                        X