pickup height on charvel 475 active electronics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickup height on charvel 475 active electronics

what is the spec height on all 3 pickups, they sound pretty thin where they are now does any one know what the factory specs are or have any sugestions ? its real time consuming moving them up and down all by your self . ithink they are a j50 bridge and j200 neck&mid and je1200 mid boost are the pickups active or is it just the mid boost that is . what options do i have for a bridge replacement pup do i go passive or active with the current setup i really dont use the mid boost much, mabe a 1/4 turn on to never, im playing through a marshall tsl 602 combo and a barber direct drive pedal any suggestions ? my buddy has a jackson with a sd trembucker and it crushes through the lead channel no pedal any one tried one? thanks - tbone

You can snuggle those right up to the strings, would say the bridge about two nickles worth.

Then just balance out the other two for good quack.

I think they have a fairly low magnetic pull.

You can replace your bridge with with any passive pickup you like, since the mid-boost is only a mid-boost.

Welcome to the forum.

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

I have a 475, and other JCs, and really don't like the OEM pickups or the electronics.

I've always swapped them out pretty fast. I'm pretty much an EMG 81/EMG PA-2 preamp guy myself.

But, not to say other misc SD or Dimarzio etc PU's don't sound good either.

Comment

Working...
      X