Dave Mustaine Livewires advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Mustaine Livewires advice

Hey, just wondering has anyone tried the dave livewires in any of their alder or poplar bodied guitars, was thinkin of throwing a set into my kv1 but they're pretty expensive, any advice?

I've got them, they came stock in my Mustaine signature Dean V, but it's mahogany. Though, if you've ever tried a regular JB and Jazz in any alder or poplar guitars, that's what they are, just an active version. They've got a little bit more gain and are tighter with better bass response.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      I've got them, they came stock in my Mustaine signature Dean V, but it's mahogany. Though, if you've ever tried a regular JB and Jazz in any alder or poplar guitars, that's what they are, just an active version. They've got a little bit more gain and are tighter with better bass response.

cheers man, when i bought the guitar the guy who had it before me had EMGs in it, not a big fan of those pups really, they sound ok but just not my thing, have jb's in a mahogany esp horizon and they sound great but just wanna try something different for a change, they're about 200 dollars shipped to ireland before VAT, a bit steep!

Comment

I have them in a basswood custom shop Charvel. They are very nice. I don't like the JB normally but I do like the Mustaine livewires.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I'm not normally a big JB fan either, but it's decent in some guitars. I do love EMGs, though.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            I'm not normally a big JB fan either, but it's decent in some guitars. I do love EMGs, though.
            Agreed, and agreed.
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
            X