Mesa Mark V at NAMM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Mark V at NAMM?

I've heard a lot of rumors about this amp lately. Does anyone know if this will be at the 09 NAMM show?

Could be. There was a thread here about the amp earlier this year.
    http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...highlight=Mark
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I would imagine they'll have at least a prototype there. A friend of mine played through the MK5 a few months ago and said it killed.
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

A new Mk series amp would truly be something to shoot for this year.
        There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Probably won't be cheap though considering the MK4 combo was almost $2000.00 when it was discontinued.
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

supposedly it has 3 channels, 7 band EQ which is assignable to channels, best clean and marshall/crunch tones in boogie.

don't know how this new EQ thing works, I always taught that there should be a boogie with eq for every channel or programmable eq because shared eq can be limiting in live situations.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Programmable eq??? wouldn't that make it a digital amp?
              '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
              '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
              custom made Les Paul
              VOX Tonelab LE
              Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
              ADA MP1
              BBE 422A
              Lexicon MPX-G2
              ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
              Support Your Local 81

Comment

I'd fucking kill to play one of those Mark Vs. Ima try to pick one up if and when they become available (assuming I can afford it )

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
                  digital amp is something that Randall Smith would never make, I'm sure there are analog solutions to store different eq settings for each channel. It wouldn't be necessary though if some of the channels would have low, mid and treble controls which would change the tone more drastically. I'm not really sure what the Mark V does but I've heard that it offers some solutions to the problems which were in previous mark amps with the shared EQ.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

My old cars radio uses string to preset the different channels, that could be a goer!

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
                      Having a programmable EQ wouldn´t make it any more digital than the Triaxis.

Comment

I was really close to buying a Mesa Roadster combo in December, saved the cash and then the few local dealers fell out of stock on them.

Can anyone describe how the Mark series (I know there ain't much detail on the Mark V yet) compares? What is the big difference versus the dual rec tone? I know the roadster has a ton of features since I've played it before but wondering if I should wait now and see what the M5 has to offer.
                        Jackson KV2
                        Jackson KE1T
                        Jackson KE1F
                        Jackson SL1

Comment

The Mk5 will be there. Proto (at least one) was at the Boogie store in Hollyweird a couple of days ago. Head and combo versions.
                          Has a "C+" switch. 10/45/90 watts switchable.
                          Lotsa EQ options, graphic, contour and presets assignable too.

$2K for head/ $2200 combo

Now all I gotta do is watch out for the Men In Black to swarm the house any minute. (this conversation never took place..)
                          lol.
                          DiMarzio Endorsee
                          www.dimarzio.com
                          Morley Endorsee
                          www.morley.com
                          "Intelli-Shred" author
                          www.myspace.com/intellishred
                          NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Its there and here is the webpage

http://mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/M...rk5/mark5.html

Comment

still 5 band EQ but those 3 Preset switches make it awfully interesting

Comment

Working...
                              X