orignal floyd rose on a dk2 pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orignal floyd rose on a dk2 pro?

Hi iwas wondering i have a 2006 dk2 pro hss,could i fit a orignal floyd rose to it without any modifications to the guitar,if so what size floyd rose would i need,many thanks dave
    Dk2 pro in black
    Marshall jcm900 4502dr
    Marshall vs200 avt100
    and diamonds and rust.....

(twirling thumbs)

waiting on this response as I have a '06 DK2 with the 580.

curious as well about this one....

Comment

It should fit fine. You'll need a 32mm block since the body is recessed.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've actually been thinking of putting an OFR on my Blue Orange DK2, I think it's an 04 model. I have a few questions too. Is there a difference in the routing of the DK2 year models? Which OFR would be the best and where is a good place to order one. I know they have German models and Korean models and that the german model is the better one, but beyond that, I'm pretty clueless...
        Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

As Joe said.
          An OFR with a 32mm block will fit in any JT-580LP route just fine. (These means ALL DK2's)
          Best deals besides eBay on OFR's is Warmoth.com
          -Rick

Comment

I just recently replaced the licensed Floyd in my DK2 with an OFR from Warmoth and had no problems.

Here's a link to a great site addressing OFR replacement:

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/Trem...ct.htm#jt580lp

Re: block size, I'm able to fit a 37mm Big Block from floydroseupgrades with no problem. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyroadie View Post
              I just recently replaced the licensed Floyd in my DK2 with an OFR from Warmoth and had no problems.

Here's a link to a great site addressing OFR replacement:

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/Trem...ct.htm#jt580lp

Re: block size, I'm able to fit a 37mm Big Block from floydroseupgrades with no problem. Hope this helps.
              Could you post a pic? I was wondering what it would look like.
              Gibson SG Standard
              Jackson DK2M Dinky
              Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
              Roland Micro Cube
              Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

A 37mm block would come very close to rubbing against the rear cover plate.
                In some cases (depending on how high or low you set the trem) the rear cover cannot be put on at all.
                Just something to remember when putting a Floyd in a recessed route.
                -Rick

Comment

I put a 37mm big block in my SL2H, but the springs will hit the back cover if I don't take a dremmel to the block and recess the spring holes.

Sorry, no pics. I plan on doing the dremmel next week so I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                    A 37mm block would come very close to rubbing against the rear cover plate.
                    In some cases (depending on how high or low you set the trem) the rear cover cannot be put on at all.
                    Just something to remember when putting a Floyd in a recessed route.
                    This is true. I should have said that I leave the rear cover off as I have a trem-stopper in there as well.
                    I bought the 32mm originally, but decided to put the 37 in.
                    To the poster who wanted to see pics, I'll dig out the camera and post 'em as soon as I get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyroadie View Post
                      This is true. I should have said that I leave the rear cover off as I have a trem-stopper in there as well.
                      I bought the 32mm originally, but decided to put the 37 in.
                      To the poster who wanted to see pics, I'll dig out the camera and post 'em as soon as I get a chance.
                      Cool, thanks man.
                      Gibson SG Standard
                      Jackson DK2M Dinky
                      Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
                      Roland Micro Cube
                      Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

also there's www.guitarpartsdepot.com. i put an OFR on an ibanez and the block is too big for the back cover if I do a pull-up, so i just leave the cover off

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X