Tremol-no

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremol-no

Does anyone have any experience with this device. The reviews sound like it might be worth it.

Any thoughts?
    The Guitars:
    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
    The Amps:
    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

The maker of it is/was a member here. Do a search and you'll find a bunch of threads about it.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
      The maker of it is/was a member here. Do a search and you'll find a bunch of threads about it.
      Cool, thanks.
      The Guitars:
      Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
      The Amps:
      Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Yes, there were quite a few threads on these. I have 4 or 5. I can't remember. Very nice units and they work quite well. They also have a forum at the Tremolo-no website.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Does the tremol-no help with string bends and keeping the other strings from going out of tune when bending?
          "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I installed one on a Tom Anderson. It works great with a D-tuna and stays in tune quite will with the tuning change. Am going to put some on my guitars as well.
            Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
            http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
              Does the tremol-no help with string bends and keeping the other strings from going out of tune when bending?
              The tremol-no will only do that when you set it to completely lock the trem. Otherwise, when it's in either full-float or dive-only mode, it has no extra stabilizing effect to keep the other strings in tune when bending. Something like a Hipshot Tremsetter would be better for that, but then there's the tradeoff of it affecting how the trem feels & works.

Comment

I got a guitar for chrissy that has a tremsetter on it. With the old strings it was working well but I haven't bothered setting it up now its restrung and its a pain in my balls, is it the same as these things?

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                  I got a guitar for chrissy that has a tremsetter on it. With the old strings it was working well but I haven't bothered setting it up now its restrung and its a pain in my balls, is it the same as these things?
                  No, the Tremolo-no is completely different. It provides free float or you can lock it down with the thumb screw to make it a hardtail. It also makes re-stringing a breeze on a Floyd. You can also get backplates with a cutout for access to the thumb screw, if you use a backplate. Budman, www.fretsonthenet.com has these or you can modify your own. The templates are on their website.
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Which model of the Tremol-No would fit on a Charvel Model 3?

Comment

Either the pin type or the new clamp type will work, but the pin type is recommended. Here's their compatibiltity chart:

http://www.tremol-no.com/workswith.asp

Comment

Way to go DG, I couldn't find that chart. I must still be asleep.

Comment

I have one- Works exactly as advertised. I did a write up from a total rookie's installation perspective on the kramer forum- never posted it here, but here's a link.

http://www.kramerforum.com/forum/sho...ight=tremol-no

I'd do it again, and may eventually put one on all my recessed floyd guitars. Very easy to use and has the added benefit of floating the trem in tune simple.

Vass

Comment

I've had one of these sitting in my parts bin for about a year and 1/2 now.
                            Been meaning to put it on an SL1 but keep putting it off.
                            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

had one on my prs ce22, had no problems with it.
                              yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

Working...
                              X