Brass Bridges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass Bridges

Ive been looking but cant find anything...
    Where would I get a brass hardtail bridge?
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

I was wondering the same thing. I just emailed Wayne Charvel to see if he sells or still has manufacturing connections to make them. I know he sells the old style Charvel Trem, so I hope he can get the hardtail. Otherwise, I will have one or two machined at some machine shops I know.

Comment

Every once in a while I see them on Ebay, but not often--i.e., old-school Charvel hardtail bridges. If you are looking for a new brass hardtail bridge, check out the Gotoh's that Stew Mac carries. Not bad.

Comment

Another request for Kevin! Get that machine shop running. These are increasing in demand
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Just received an email back from Michael Charvel. He stated that they still have the same machine shop from back in the 70's making their bridges. He did not give a price (I think the Trem Bridge is about $150.00), but they do still make them. I will call him today to find the price. They do not offer them in any other color/plating choices - just brass. I will report back with more info.

Comment

Originally posted by slowhand66 View Post
            Every once in a while I see them on Ebay, but not often--i.e., old-school Charvel hardtail bridges. If you are looking for a new brass hardtail bridge, check out the Gotoh's that Stew Mac carries. Not bad.
            Yeah, the Gotoh's are really nice. Especially the grooves they machine that the saddle adjustment screws ride in to keep them from moving side to side. I want one of the old style Charvel ones for a Jake E Lee project. The Gotoh's have those two extra mounting holes at the front of the base plate - sorry, I'm a little anal about these type of things.

Comment

NM
              The Guitars:
              Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
              The Amps:
              Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                Another request for Kevin! Get that machine shop running. These are increasing in demand
                Kevin no longer exists.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There was one on ebay I was looking at getting for about 45bux from jcguitars or something, but turns out my old man had one sittin' round.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Kevin no longer exists.
                    Maybe Sully can find him then?
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I combined this...

With these...

That was the closest I could get for a JEL bridge.
                      -Chris

Comment

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
                          I combined this...

With these...

That was the closest I could get for a JEL bridge.

I like your style!

Also thats a nice bridge there, K.
                          Does it only have 3 mounting holes? I always wondered that, or if it hadd studs under the front to help secure it.
                          It definitely looks beefy enough.
                          'Howling in shadows
                          Living in a lunar spell
                          He finds his heaven
                          Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

three is all you need. believe me!
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I figured with the 3 screws and the string tension it would be ok, but I never saw one of those bridges in person, so I wasnt sure of the design.

Most of the hardtails have 5 screws thats why I was wondering.
                              'Howling in shadows
                              Living in a lunar spell
                              He finds his heaven
                              Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
                              X