Intonation Adjustment Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intonation Adjustment Key

I just installed a Schaller Tremolo on my Kelly and would very much use the intonation adjustment key that apparently works only on OFR's.

If i were to replace the string lock screws and possibly the string lock inserts as well with ones off an OFR, will i able to utilize the intonation adjustment key?

Thanks.
    [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

If you're talking about the Floyd intonation tool, I'd have to say "no", since these work off the top plate, right behind the fine tuners. Anybody else chime in?
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Treach,

Maybe I'm a bit slow...but why don't you want to use the tools that go with your current trem?

Mike

Comment

Using the intonation key would make adjusting much easier, faster & more accurate than the conventional method... not being lazy, of course.

I'm looking at the dimensions of both a Schaller & OFR and the measurements are awefully close to being identical.

Perhaps close enough so i can temporarily swap screws and use the intonation key?
        [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Aaaaahhhhh....just found the "key". Didn't know there was such a thing. That sure would make life simpler! I don't if it would work.

I guess it depends on the similarity in the dimensions of the bridges, since the base plate of the key needs to fit snugly on the back edge of the bridge. I'm not aware of how the licensed trems compare in terms of dimensions. I just know that the materials used on the OFR tend to be hardened and forged rather than cast. I would guess that the string lock screws at the back would be the same size. If not, you might be able to "open up" the slot for the string lock screw on the key itself if the Schaller uses a larger screw size.

Make any sense?

Comment

Working...
          X