Battery placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery placement

I'm gonna install a pair of Seymour Duncan Blackouts, but wanna know just where inside a WR1's cavity can I put the 9v battery and what I can use to stop it making contact with wires and pots as well as rattling around.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Use this
    There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

I don't know about SD Blackouts, but emg's come with a foam insert in the box - this wrapped around the battery will work nicely.
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Joelski View Post
        Wow kind of cool, I'm already using wireless - could I 'route' this after the wireless transceiver but before the base unit(receiver). If so that would be pretty cool.

Edit :
        I would assume(maybe) that if you were using an active with the battery in it - that it would be like the 18volt mod ?
        Last edited by Jayster; 12-18-2008, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Just try to stick a couple of 9v in the cavity as is... see if they fit.

I've got 2 9V in my Model 4 wrapped in foam and theres plenty of room in there for a Vol, Tone and Afterburner. Just cram that stuff in there.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

I only use 1 volume, so I have plenty of room for my 18v mods after I gut the innards out of my Jacksons. (removal of the Tone and Toggle)
            I doubt you wanna do that, but you could route more out of your cavity to make room.
            Or wrap the batteries with a paper towel or something thin just so the terminals dont contact the V/T pots.
            I just got a Seymour Duncan Metal Livewire and I cant wait to try that to see how they compare to the EMG '81 and '85.

Let me know what you think of that Blackout.
            Do you use EMG's in any of your other guitars, that you could compare them for me?
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              Just try to stick a couple of 9v in the cavity as is... see if they fit.

I've got 2 9V in my Model 4 wrapped in foam and theres plenty of room in there for a Vol, Tone and Afterburner. Just cram that stuff in there.
              Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
              I only use 1 volume, so I have plenty of room for my 18v mods after I gut the innards out of my Jacksons. (removal of the Tone and Toggle)
              I doubt you wanna do that, but you could route more out of your cavity to make room.

my question was on account of I own multiple active guitars(only 1 with 18volt mod(which I dig), it would certainly be easier and cheaper if I could boost the pickups voltage in my signal path?

Wilkinsi's op was about - use the foam(if you're talking about 1 guitar).

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Joelski View Post
                Wow that's a great idea! You wouldn't even have to mess with the wiring, just install the pickups and plug the battery into the existing output jack.
                Scott

Comment

I want the battery inside the guitar. I've not seen the foam insert that comes with the EMG 81/85 set.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Just wrap the battery in black electrical tape.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What is this black electric tape you speak of?

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Just wrap the battery in black electrical tape.
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                        What is this black electric tape you speak of?
                        Standard, black vinyl electrical tape. Surely everyone's heard of it.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X