Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose floyd bar? Help

hi,
    The bar on my floyd rose always goes loose, normally after a big dive, i like it tight enough so it doesnt hang loose. Would some loc-tite or something work?

Thanks!
    Marshall JCM800 2203
    G12K-100w Cabinet
    Jackson RR24

If it's a genuine Floyd Rose, check the screw under the unit that the bar screws into.

If it's a licensed trem with the threaded collar on the bar like a real Floyd Rose, you may want to replace the bar and the socket it screws into with a real Schaller-made bar and socket. Licensed versions usually don't stay tight.

If it's an older Floyd that the bar screws directly into the baseplate and does not have a collar, then you can either put pipefitter's/teflon tape on the threads or replace it with the collared type.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If it's the floyd on your RR24, that's the Korean-made OFR. Even though they look just like the good ones, the collars on those just aren't the same as on the Schaller-made trems, just like Newc was saying about licensed ones. You can get a new bar & socket from Stewmac or Allparts. I know for sure that Allparts has the Schaller bars. It's worth doing if you use the bar a lot.

Comment

Yeh, its for the rr24 which i believe have the frt-2000. Other than the loose bar it stays in tune perfectly.

So do i need to just buy a new bar? or the piece that it screws onto aswell?
        Marshall JCM800 2203
        G12K-100w Cabinet
        Jackson RR24

Comment

Can someone link me to one, I cant find it, its a bar with a sleeve over it that screws down onto the bridge
          Marshall JCM800 2203
          G12K-100w Cabinet
          Jackson RR24

Comment

Dont worry, found one.
            Marshall JCM800 2203
            G12K-100w Cabinet
            Jackson RR24

Comment

I replace all my bars with the Schaller ones and they are much tighter. That said ... they aren't invulnerable to the collar starting to work loose. A little teflon tape on the threads helps, but doesn't seem to help permanenly and if you are gigging a lot where you have to take the arm loose to put the guitar in the case the teflon tape seems to eventually come off.

The best feeling arms to me are the ones on the Original Floyd Roses in the early 80s but the little plastic washer could get messed up over time and they were a pain to take off to put the guitar in a case.
              Dave

Comment

Got some threadlock and it works a treat so far!
                Marshall JCM800 2203
                G12K-100w Cabinet
                Jackson RR24

Comment

Working...
                X