Help me identify this Seymour Duncan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me identify this Seymour Duncan

I just got this Seymour Duncan pickup from my buddy.
    It is not trem spaced, it's black and it resembles a Jazz or a JB in appearance, because it has only 1 row of adjustable poles, which are the slotted type (flat screw driver).
    The only marking is a small sticker on the bottom saying "cbj" or "cdj" can't remember which, but i'll update when i get it.
    The bottom of the pup also has Seymour Duncan pickups inscribed into the base plate, just like any other SD.
    It's obviously an older one, because of the sticker, and it's in very old shape, and is a Non-logo pup.

I know that some JB's had a "JBJ" sticker on the bottom, and I heard that it is a mix of the pup model and the builder's initials....
    So, I'm guessing that this might be an SH-2 Jazz, but I'd appreciate any insight on this....

I know a picture would definitely help, but I wanted to get the ball rolling on this....I do not have a pic yet, cause I left it in my girlfriends' car, but pics are coming soon!

Thanks alot guys!!!
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...labels/labels/

Got this from a buddy at the Kramer Forum, but my letters or code isn't listed...I wish I had it here so I can post a picture of it.
    I might even send an email to SD to see what they say if no one has any answers.
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven

Comment

If its old its probably either a Duncan JB or a Distortion.

Comment

I just got it home and I was wrong about the sticker, it says "DCJ", so according to the site, it's an older SH-5 Duncan Custom.

thanks JG!
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven

Comment

Yeah, with "D"-marked Duncans, the first letter is always "Duncan", second letter is always model (C=Custom, D=Distortion), third letter is the person who wound it.

J=Juarez, as in Marciela Juarez. Those are regarded as the best pickups from the 80s/"stickered era". When I ordered my 3 Custom Shop Duncans, she took the order via email and her initials are on the box in the "Custom Wound By" line.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thank Newc, thats the long lost info that I was referring to.
            So it's one of the good ones then? Too bad it's not a TB-5, but it would be good for someone with a Gibson, or someone looking to build an EVH clone.
            It cleaned up really nice too.

'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven

Comment

Working...
            X