Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried the titanium upgrades from floydroseupgrades yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried the titanium upgrades from floydroseupgrades yet?

I am curious if anyone has (especially in this crap economy) tried the ti upgrades for your Floyd Rose.

I realise that this is not a cheap upgrade and would cost nearly as much as one of my PC1's if i was to go for the ti block and saddles too.

I do not doubt that there is an improvement in tone but would I be happy to drop over 1K into a trem?

Any comments?

http://floydupgrades.com/index.php

Well they look really cool - but I don't think I need $1000 worth of parts for my Floyd.

Unless they instantly turn me into Steve Vai, I certainly wouldn't be able to hear the difference.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Someone on here tried one of the larger size blocks and said it made an audible difference, so I can believe that a different metal would make a difference too.
      Scott

Comment

I went from a 32mm regular floyd block to a 37mm oversized. It "almost" fits - I'll have to grove the block where the springs hook in to get enough clearance. This is on a newer SL2H.

Tone difference? I can't really tell, just like all of the "tone mods" I've done to Les Pauls. But I'll be able to sleep easier at night

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          Well they look really cool - but I don't think I need $1000 worth of parts for my Floyd.

Unless they instantly turn me into Steve Vai, I certainly wouldn't be able to hear the difference.
          Yup, exactly.
          Jackson DXMG Bridge - ToneZone Neck - Air Norton
          Line6 POD X3
          Boss Distortion DS-1
          Boss Loop Station RC-2
          Boss Chorus CE-5
          Peavey ValveKing 100w half stack

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
            I am curious if anyone has (especially in this crap economy) tried the ti upgrades for your Floyd Rose.

I realise that this is not a cheap upgrade and would cost nearly as much as one of my PC1's if i was to go for the ti block and saddles too.

I do not doubt that there is an improvement in tone but would I be happy to drop over 1K into a trem?

Any comments?

http://floydupgrades.com/index.php
            Maybe you should try a brass one first. Much less expensive. And I'll stand by those. Better sustain, especially when dive-bombing and better bite. I have them in two of my OFR guitars...and the last one will get one eventually. I'd never go back.

Hope that helps...even though I haven't splurged on the Titanium blocks.

Mike

Comment

Yeah, the brass one does a fine job. I put one in my KV2 and it is a total improvement in every way you can describe good guitar sound. It's an inexpensive upgrade and worth every penny. The titanium string lock blocks might be cool to try also, but I've never broken a stock one. Of course, I could see where a hardcore touring guitarist would want them considering their guitars require more string changes than the average player. The titanium blocks are going for $259- Phil Collen uses them in his stage guitars.

Comment

So where to get the brass one?
                '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                custom made Les Paul
                VOX Tonelab LE
                Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                ADA MP1
                BBE 422A
                Lexicon MPX-G2
                ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                Support Your Local 81

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
                  So where to get the brass one?
                  My guess would be to try the link mentioned in the first post.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    My guess would be to try the link mentioned in the first post.
                    Correct-a-mundo DonP.

www.floydupgrades.com

I've purchased two of these from Adam. No problems at all. Seems like a good guy.

Da' Melta'
                    Last edited by Da' Melta'; 12-18-2008, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X