Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desperately need Charvel Headstock decal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperately need Charvel Headstock decal!

Please, if anybody can help me to get 2 of these. I need them to get my model 4 and 5 restored. I am respraying both guitars and the old decals have to be replaced. So if there is anybody who knows where I can get hold of some good quality decals, please let me know.

Thanks

Originally posted by JFK View Post
    Please, if anybody can help me to get 2 of these. I need them to get my model 4 and 5 restored. I am respraying both guitars and the old decals have to be replaced. So if there is anybody who knows where I can get hold of some good quality decals, please let me know.

Thanks
    There aren't any on eBay?

You can always look for a place local that makes stickers/decals. They should be able to scan the headstock (assuming you still have the logo on the headstocks) and make you all the decals you want. That's what was done for my Ibanez PGMs and it turned out beautifully.

Comment

Thanks.

Yea, I had toyed with the idea. The decals on your ibanez have turned out great!
      Also, there are no Charvel logo decals on ebay to be found. I have mailed a couple of decal sellers on ebay who are selling Gibson logo's to see if the have any Charvel ones, or would be willing to do me some provided they have the templates and what not.
      Failing, that I will try a local printer.
      Cheers

Comment

I'm looking for a white one so I can have the busted headstock on my 3DR repaired...
        Greg

'86 Model 1
        '87 Model 2
        '88 Model 3A
        '88 Model 3DR
        '06 TMZ Mahogany Natural

Comment

http://www.best-decals.com/
          Check under Guitar Restoration.

Edit: Looks like FMIC let them make J/C decals again.
          Last edited by rjohnstone; 12-10-2008, 12:39 PM.
          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post

You hero!

Great link

Comment

Cool, they make those neat transfers. No water bubbles to worry about. Not to mention the drying time for "water slides".
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I have bought many Jackson, Charvel, and ESP logos from them and they are very cool to do business with.

I was the first to have them make the Charvel toothpaste logo. I sent them the image and they made one for me and threw in a few free ones just for the image and idea for the product. I thought that was really cool of them to do.

They also make Jackson "Professional" headstock decals, althought they are not listed.
                They will make any logo you want, with any color or size you need.

You can also use their web to create your own logo as well. You can choose from a shit load of fonts and colors, and even preview what it will look like right then and there, before you order.

Decent site, and I hope they dont get in trouble for any of it, cause for the honest and legit guys who use them to restore our guitars, it makes life so much easier..
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven
                Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Looks like FMIC let them make J/C decals again.
                  Glad the're back

Comment

Are we sure they're licensed by J/C to do their logos? Seems awful risky since the Chinese LP successes.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I don't know about the legal aspects of this, but.....
                      I used to do a lot of work with a vinyl cutting sign shop. The guys there had a book the size of the telephone book with an accompanying CD that had vector images of what seemed to be every corporate logo. I know the book/CD had about 4 different Gibson logos (from different eras), all of the car companies, and if I remember correctly it had Charvel logos. I believe the book was about $500.00. The book/CD was very professional which makes me assume that it had to get permission to use the logos. There seams to be a very gray area. Someone on this board must have some legal insight on these issues.

Comment

Oh yeah, like McD, Bionic, and a couple of other JCMI folks.

It's not uncommon to find books and CDs like that for sale that contain unauthorized materials. You can buy "backup" CDs on Ebay that are exact copies of famous-name software. These discs "save you the trouble of backing up your legally-purchased software such as Windows, Photoshop, 3D Studio Max," etc.

Of course, these CDs are pirated. They contain no code that checks for an original legally-purchased CD or license, and in many cases include the serial numbers.

If anyone has a guitar they're refinishing, I strongly suggest you learn how to mask off the logo properly, or only use shops that know how to do it.

If you want a different logo color, then you're better off losing the logo entirely than hunting for a pirated decal.

That is, if you don't want to be named in the impending lawsuits against the people who sell these logos.

The guy who buys a dimebag from the local pusher is as guilty of a crime as the pusher.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Excellent info Newc!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X