cases in the attic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cases in the attic

will storing guitar cases in the attic ruin them? there will be no guitars in them. will the liner come lose or the plastic get jacked up in the summer heat?

I would worry about the glue in the liner.

Comment

Put coffee grounds in it to keep the stink out of it.
      (Or painties)
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven
      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Not a good idea.

Comment

Depends on the temp in the attic during those months.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            Depends on the temp in the attic during those months.
            Its going to be hotter than a finger f@cked fox in a forest fire in the summer. Probably over 150 deg Fahrenheit. That's what I'm worried about, not the cold season. The lady of the house drags her toes on them when they are under the bed, the kid wont let me put them under her bed. so they are all lined up in the guitar room taking up space.

Comment

Either insulate the attic or sacrifice a closet in the house for them.

Or put them further under the bed so she doesn't drag her toes on them, unless you've got bunk beds?
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You know, it's pretty funny. I'm sitting here thinking, "No friggin' way I'd put my cases in my attic", then it hits me... we've been keeping luggage up there that cost way more than a few G&Gs. It seems to have done fine. Still no way I'm putting my cases in there, though!

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                  Its going to be hotter than a finger f@cked fox in a forest fire in the summer. Probably over 150 deg Fahrenheit. That's what I'm worried about, not the cold season. The lady of the house drags her toes on them when they are under the bed, the kid wont let me put them under her bed. so they are all lined up in the guitar room taking up space.

Finger f@cked fox....dude that is hilarious. Gonna have to add that one to my repetoire

Comment

for short we just called it hotter than a FFF in a FF

Comment

I had a Fender case I put in the attic for a few years and the plastic on the handle started to essentially melt - the plastic started to break down and get sticky. Other cases I have put up there like an armadillo road case was fine - so it depends on the materials in the case. Safer to not put them up there. I agree it's the heat not the cold that is the problem.
                      Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X