Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT580 intonation problem

Hi there

I have problems with the intonation in my KVX10.
    The guitar is brand new and I have it for about one month.
    When I do the divebombs usually goes out of tune (flat about 1 turn - 1 turn and half in the fine-tuners)
    When I depressed the floyd all the way down (loosen the strings) it goes out of tune (the 6th string is about halfway up between Eb and E), but when I pull up the floyd all the way up (thighten the strings) it goes in tune perfectly again. I made the test several times and the result is the same.
    I have the locking nut perfectly tight.
    What could be causing the problem? and what could be the solution to it?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Since it returns to pitch when you pull it up, it's not a problem with the strings not being stretched properly.

It's either the pivot posts or the knife edges (pivot points) on the trem itself. They probably aren't as good as they should be, which is actually a common problem with licensed Floyds.

Replace the bridge with a real Floyd Rose and the problem should most-likely disappear. You might have trouble replacing the posts, as OFR posts and inserts are a different size and won't fit in the existing holes perfectly.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I checked the pivot posts and they move inside the screws a little (not the inserts, the pivot screws). I put some teflon tape around the screws, but the problem persist...

Comment

wobbly pivot screws

I had this problem with an SL2 using a JT580LP that I bought used of Ebay over a year ago. It ended up being easier for me to pull the pivot screws and the inserts and replace them. There was a pretty good tutorial here on the forum that's in a sticky to show you how to do this if your not sure. It looks like the pics have been removed, but the instructions are still there, nearly 3/4 down the page.

Sticky: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52679

Not all that expensive to do, you just have to be careful when reinsurting the new inserts into the body of your guitar.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Yeah, those are my pics in that thread. I'm shutting down one of my sites and transferring those pics to my other one.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
          X