Model 3 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 3 questions

Just got my Model 3 and will be getting it professionally set-up in the next week or so...but have a couple of questions for you all so I know what I am talking about when I bring it in.

1) If you look at the side-view of the neck below, you will notice the heel is slightly higher than where the neck and body first contact. Is this normal, or should the neck be as parallel to the body as possible?

The second picture is just a different view of the neck/body/gasket/backplate area for further reference.

2) The fine tuners on the trem are all a different distance from the body...can they be set-up to be more inline, or is this no big deal?

As always, thanks so much for your input and help!

The neck angle is normal for a guitar with a non-recessed trem, which sits higher up off the guitar. This is similar to the height of a tune-o-matic bridge on a Les Paul, which also has a neck tilt. A recessed trem (or a lower profile trem like on a Fender Strat) will work with a neck with no angle.

Edit- Sorry, I was thinking about the fine tuner distance from the rear of the trem when I first posted. To get the fine tuners to be closer to the same distance off the guitar body, just back them all out almost all the way, then unlock at the nut & retune. This should help get the spring up some off the body & give you a little more pullup range. Looks like your E, A, & D are cranked most of the way down.
    Last edited by dg; 12-06-2008, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Ummm... What he said....

Comment

Working...
      X