Jt580lp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jt580lp

If this tremolo was manufactured by Tukuchei or however it is spelled, how can you tell? They were always stamped with Jackson or Charvel on the front of the guitar werent they?

On the trem block it is stamped into the metal.

Comment

i always thought the takuechi trems were different than the 580lp. i could be wrong but all the ones i've come across looked like ofr's with the long screws and a screw in trem bar/block assembly. havent seen a lo-pro

Comment

There is a JT-580 (possibly Schaller), a JT-580 (Takeuchi) and the JT-580LP.

I think only the Takeuchi-JT580 has the "screw-in" arm !
        Take a look:
        http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/Trem...ct.htm#jt580lp
        uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

I have the 580LP on my basic SL2 and the Takeuchi brand is stamped into the trem block.

Comment

cool. learned somethin new today. now to find one for myself

edit- another someone, does yours have a screw in bar or the new standard type?

Comment

I have 2 and they are the same as any other 580. You guys are thinking of the trs101 that is made differently

Comment

Phil-up you may have one on your charvel traditional , my model A came with one.

Comment

i dont know what the trs101 is but this is what i'm talkin bout. sorry for the bad pic.

takeuchi with a screw in arm. is this a trs101?

Comment

The older trems used to come with screw in arms. My 96 dinky dx1 has a takeuchi and it's a screw on arm.
                    http://www.guitarpartsdepot.com/prod...&product=20649
                    these are trs101, same thing as the ibanez low pro trems on thier lower end EX and RG models. The ones I have had where screw in arms.
                    Did you buy that guitar new, someone may have changed the socket and arm.

Comment

i got it with the chrome 580lp then changed it to the charvel trem pictured then changed it to a black 580lp

Comment

It says takeuchi made in japan. Are these any Good?

Comment

from what i understand the schaller and takeuchi trems are the best jackson has. i'm sure someone else knows better than me tho...

Comment

Takeuchi is the Schaller of Japan as far as these trems go.

They used to make the JT-590 trem for the 90-94+ imports. They were just as good as the Schaller-made ones.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

They used to make the JT-590 trem for the 90-94+ imports.
                              I thought the 590 was schaller(my 93 said made in germany on the trem) and the first 580 were tackuchi

Comment

Working...
                              X