Change strings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change strings...

Hi I´m new here. I play a japanese Charvel Model 6 from 1987. I changed strings five times. It took me 16 minutes the fastest time. I´ve seen how they do it on youtube but they are not particulare fast either. Seen enybody change a string on a gig with a flouting tremolo? I´ve seen regular strats, teles change strings in a middle of a song, never one with flouting tremolo though. How long doas it take to chane a string from the sound of it when it snaps to your all in tune and ready to rock on?

uh, no. your gonna need a backup.
    Maybe the dingo at your baby?

Comment

If you have a Floyd, don't expect to restring during a performance.

You should have a backup.

That being said, I've never had a string break on my Floyd, even when I get pissed and hammer on the strings out of rage.

Comment

Whether or not the trem is blocked to only allow dives, and the pitch will never increase no matter how many strings you break, it will be about the same amount of time it takes to completely restring the entire guitar.

The reason? The locking nut.

When a string breaks, you have to loosen the affected locking clamps, which hold 2 strings each. This means any fine-tuning you've done goes straight to the tuners of the unbroken tring. If you've tuned down with the fine tuners after locking the clamp, it's not really a problem, assuming the bridge can only dive. If you tuned up with the fine-tuners after locking the clamps, then the extra tension on the unbroken string will immediately shift to the rest of the string between the nut and tuner. That string will now have to be retuned before locking the nut.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X