Completed mods on my Bolted Steel WR1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completed mods on my Bolted Steel WR1

I posted this on the Megadeth forum, and figured some of you might like to see it as well. Just got a trans black WR1 and swapped the hardware over...

"Most people on this forum already knew about the custom aged pickup mod I did a little ways back, but this time around I swapped the chrome hardware over from my recent WR1 purchase... this included, pickup rings (had to grind the one for the trembucker...used a file [PITA :snarl:]), Floyd, locking nut, tuners, allan wrench holder, output jack plate, knobs, all pickup ring and pickup height adjsutment screws, and toggle nut and cap.

Forgot to put the spring cover back on before taking shots :P (will have to see if chrome back plates exist--though I suppose that side isn't seen by others as often).

Wow very nice, I would not have thought to do that and it looks great...Good work...
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

wow that looks awesome, im not a fan of chrome but that looks way better than the black IMO. do you have pics of your trans black WR-1 with the black hardware??

Comment

This is METAL!

Comment

Hey friend, very nice this change, more bolted steel in this!! hahaha.
          Which pick ups did you put in your guitar? they look so pretty.
          Greetings from spain.
          Jackson RR1 Absinthe Frost
          Jackson SL2H Transparent Green
          Jackson DKMG Forest Green
          Jackson PS3T Black
          Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
          Mesa Boogie 4x12'' Rectifier Straight
          Digitech Whammy WH4
          Boss NS2 Noise Supressor
          Boss TU2 Guitar Tuner
          MXR ZW44 Zack Wylde Overdrive
          Dunlop Dimebag Darrell Signature Wah

Comment

I like the pickups with the chrome rings, not so sure I like the bridge it's so shiny! you should age that too!

Comment

awesome!!!
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Very Nice....You should talk to Dave(Budman) about the Chrome back plates www.fretsonthenet.com He can make them for you if you can't find any.
                Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

You sir, have good ideas! That made it extra special... Actually looks
                  like it's 60 years old now! Awesome..

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
                    wow that looks awesome, im not a fan of chrome but that looks way better than the black IMO. do you have pics of your trans black WR-1 with the black hardware??
                    Hopefully by next weekend. Waiting for the EMGs to come in and such (will be painting the EMGs as well).

Comment

Originally posted by dollyboy View Post
                      Hey friend, very nice this change, more bolted steel in this!! hahaha.
                      Which pick ups did you put in your guitar? they look so pretty.
                      Greetings from spain.
                      Thanks. Bridge is a nickel covered TB-10 Full Shred (from the factory that way [only seen the one I have that way]) . The neck is a Seth Lover.

Both were treated with Muriatic acid for about 6 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Foulacy View Post
                        I like the pickups with the chrome rings, not so sure I like the bridge it's so shiny! you should age that too!
                        I had thought about aging everything, but was concerned about aging things with moving parts (tuners/floyd). Also, those items have the chrome plating so they may not work out the same. And if I did the pickup rings, then the floyd would really look out of place.

Comment

Looks very cool!!
                          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Weapon of Mass Destruction! I mean Distortion! Maybe both. That MF'er Slays!

Comment

Nice mods. Makes it look more expensive.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X