Who manufactured this bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who manufactured this bridge?

Bought this bridge about 12 years ago from "48th Street Custom Guitars" (ESP's NYC store). I can't recall if this is a Gotoh hardtail bridge or not. I bought a lot of gear/parts from there in the late 80s & early 90s. Can't recall.

I looked online at various parts sites and couldn't find/I.D. it. I dig the bridge for it's mass and would like to get another one.

Can anyone help? Here's a photo (I over exposed the image due to low light).

thanks in, advance
    Pete

im pretty sure its a dimarzio bridge. good luck finding one.

Comment

Kind of looks like this: http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...il_Bridge.html
      Scott

Comment

Could be a Mighty Mite? I don't care for that bridge plate because the screws are visible and does not mount like a traditional hardtail bridge. I think WD had or has that design? As mentioned, from StewMac, the Hipshot bridge is a very good design. The screws are under the saddles like the old Charvel/Schecter design and the sides keep the saddle from moving sideways on bending. I've have several of them and the machining is very high quality.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Yeah, the Hipshots are killer bridges. What I like about his one is the mass on it. The part of the plate that bends up is rather thick. Thicker than other hardtails I've seen in this similar shape/configuration. It reminds me of a Gotoh hardtail but thicker.

Would anyone know how I can tell what kind of metal it is?

Comment

pete, send a PM to ~k~. she made a few hardtail bridges out of machined brass. they're like the one pictured, but the mounting screws are under the saddles. she may have a few plates left.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
              pete, send a PM to ~k~. she made a few hardtail bridges out of machined brass. they're like the one pictured, but the mounting screws are under the saddles. she may have a few plates left.

sully
              Thanks Sully. PM to ~k~, on the way.

Comment

Pete, my guess is, that one is brass, chrome or nickel plated. You could try testing to see if it is using a magnet. If the magnet doesn't stick, it should be brass. If it sticks, you got carbon, or ferritic stainless steel. Most likely it's going to be brass.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                  Pete, my guess is, that one is brass, chrome or nickel plated. You could try testing to see if it is using a magnet. If the magnet doesn't stick, it should be brass. If it sticks, you got carbon, or ferritic stainless steel. Most likely it's going to be brass.
                  Oooh. I get to play with magnets! The adults never let me play with magnets because of the metal plate in the ole noggin'. You put one near my forehead and I start to drool uncontrollably. This should be fun.

Comment

Working...
                  X