Low output pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low output pickups

hey guy/girls has anybody had experience with low output pickups yet place a heavier sound
    mostly skid row,motley,gnr,judas priest,or even megadeth my amp/effects are pretty high gain
    and after trying some dimarzio virtual pafs in my hamer with very good results wondering if anybody has seymour duncan 59ers or alnico pro 2 [i know slash uses them]or a dimarzio paf pro in any of there model series charvels [basswood] or mij jacksons[alder]kv3

PAF pros are great I have them in my Ibanez USA custom and its a very metal guitar
    I have a Duncan Lil59 in my 08 Gibson melody maker and its a very heavy sounding guitar.
    I know Mick Mars of the Crue used Jim Rolph pickups ( I have a pair made for Mick) and they are 11K so a hotter than a PAF pro.
    I have an old DiMarzio Super D that is very weak at 8k and its one hell of a heavy sounding pickup.90% of your tone is in the amp.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

mick mars jim rolph pickups are they his currents as in his infamous white strat
      still sounding killer an getting better with age

Comment

Jim made pickups for Mick around the Dr. Fellgood tour AFAIK.Not sure what Mick uses now.The set I have Jim told me were wound with larger diameter copper wire on one coil and smaller on the other he didn't say just how many winds.
        He was kind of protective of how these were made.I love mine they have lots of mid range meat but the highs really sing.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
        X