Pup config.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pup config.

Ok, so my newly aquired SDK2 has become my blues guitar. I always find myself using the neck and middle pups only and never use the bridge pup. I am looking for a single coil (for the middle position obviously) that can hold up well on its own and be able to match the output of the neck pup (stock Jackson which may be swapped out later down the road). I am wanting to get a noiseless or stacked single coil but not a twin blade (never like the look of them and really like the traditional look). Can someone think of a good fit for the mid position that will hold its own with bite but not be too harsh or glassy? It will used for both clean and overdriven tones. Thanks.

Ha ha, no one wants to touch this one, eh? There's got to be the right single coil out there . . . I was thinking maybe the Duncan Live Wire Classic single coil?

Comment

If it were me, I'd put the Jackson in the middle, and a Blue Velvet in the neck.
      The BV is my all time fav for a neck position single coil.
      Articulate, warm, ballsy when overdriven.
      mmm mmm good.

Dimarzio/Duncan websites with the sound clips are very enlightening.
      Have you done that yet?
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

Duncan classic stack is a great single, hum cancelling too.
        I myself love the Jackson singles.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks guys. Actually, the neck pup is a humbucker so I wouldn't be able to use a Blue Velvet there, but I could use it in the middle. It may be a bit weak there though. I was also thinking about considering a Lace Sensor for the middle - maybe a silver or a red . . .

The Duncan Classic Stack may be a bit weak too. I looked at their Hot Stack but then loose that traditional single coil look.

You see, I am only using the neck and middle pups - the neck pup mainly for soloing and the mid pup for crunchy rhythms. The stock Jackson single coil pup is just a bit lacking for this purpose. I need it to be able to be used by itself and really punch.

Comment

Working...
          X