i gone and made the JT6 much better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i gone and made the JT6 much better

I had that crappy original wammie bar on there when i got it, well, one broke off in the tube, while i was taking the wammie bar off to put it in the case, so i bought a new one, and it stayed tight for about 2 months. well it never stayed tight or in place, and every time i used it it made all the other strings go wild...well long story short i found a way to put a bar from a REAL floyd on there.

it took just a little modifications (grind out the hole (less than 1mm) with a dremmel small stone tip)to the base plate on the jt6, but now it looks just like it was meant to be there. and the best part it locks up really tight with no extra vibrations. i used this bar...http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...s.html#details
    when i get my camera out ill post some pics

Yeah, the bushings on those pop-in arms seem to wear down pretty quick, so retrofitting a collared Floyd arm is the way to go. People here have done that in the past. My old Model 5A was modified like that when I got it.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

One of the first things I did when I got my Model 6 was put a collared Schaller bar on it. Some guys here walked me though a real easy way to enlarge the hole to accept the socket: the baseplate metal is so soft that you can take a large flat-head screw driver (the kind with a tapered blade) or a tapered rat-tail file and stick it in & rotate it to scrape away just enough metal. The hole stays perfectly round & it takes no time at all.

Comment

Yup, the jt6 on my 3dr has this done to it. Works great.

Comment

Working...
        X