Looking for single coils.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for single coils.

Just want to get the opinion. I am looking for some quality, vintage strat sounding pickups. I have looked into lace sensor and some of the dimarzio stuff. Interested more in the bluesy clean and hendrix tones. In the opinion of the JCF, what is the best out there?

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

I like Fender Custom Shop pickups - they just sound good to me. Try out the 54's or the Texas Specials. I loved the ballsy Texas Specials tone in a alder/RW board strat
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I have the Fender Vintage Noiseless set in my Strat and they sound amazing. They are (obviously) noiseless and have an incredibly smooth sound, especially the neck. I definitely give them a recommendation.
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Texas Specials are sweeeeet.

Comment

I've always liked Duncan single coils. You can hear samples on the Duncan site. The Alnico Pro model is very nice. Then they have their Antiquity model though quite pricey. My second choice would be Rio Grande pups. Dimarzio makes great 'buckers but I never liked their singles much.

Comment

Van Zandt Vintage Plus or Blues model single coils.
            Last edited by Bert; 11-07-2008, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
              I have the Fender Vintage Noiseless set in my Strat and they sound amazing. They are (obviously) noiseless and have an incredibly smooth sound, especially the neck. I definitely give them a recommendation.
              +1
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

duncan vintage staggered or flats.

Comment

If you're looking for quality then http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/products.html is up there. I like the mother's milk set.

They'll set you back more than the others, but will be cheaper for you americans now as the dollar is stronger against the pound.
                  Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Working...
                  X