Who's going to be the Guinea pig then ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
        Interesting, have you tried this 4Koa?

all i have is set necks at the moment

Comment

That's actually a pretty good tip.

Comment

Walter is the tech at my favorite local shop. He knows his stuff. Like he says further down in the thread, make sure the alignment is right before retightening. There may be a tendency for the neck to shift upward a little toward the heavier strings.

Comment

Thats a good idea, I never thought of that... Ill give it a shot later on and see if theres any play.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Hmmm. I always assumed manufacturers seated their necks properly before drilling and bolting.

While I haven't tried this on my Js or Cs (except when I was swapping necks), I'd be surprised if someone found one that wasn't tight in the pocket.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Never tried messing with a bolt on. How hard do you tighten the screws back is what I want to know.
                  PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

To figure that out, loosen one bolt, then tighten it again. Get a feel for the tension, then match that when you complete the "trick".

Too much torque will cause the screw to dig out the hole, too little will allow the neck to slip.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Will 1/4 of a turn loosen it enough for the neck to move at all?
                      Scott

Comment

I've just tried it on an Epiphone LP copy, the quarter turn on each was enough. There was a slight crack and the tuning dropped. I retuned and WOW, it sounds a whole lot better. The difference in sound is so clear.

Now if only I could build up the confidence to try it on my new DKMG !

Comment

Working...
                        X