Best straplock for a V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best straplock for a V

I have the Dunlop Dual Design Straploks on 2 of my guitars and they work great. I am looking to get some straploks for my V, but I see that there are many different kinds on the <a href="http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/accessories&cat=13">Dunlop website</a>. I was wondering since the upper strap button location is in the back of the guitar would a different straplok be better over another?

I've got Dimarzio Straplocks on my KV, and it works great.

Comment

I like Schaller straplocks

Comment

How do you enable HTML code? I can't figure it out

Comment

I like Schaller and Marvel straplocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
            How do you enable HTML code? I can't figure it out
            Just copy/cut and paste the http link from your browser.

http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?p...nlop%20website
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have recessed Dunlops in my DV8R and Schaller on my KV.

The dunlops look better but I prefer the Schallers...

Comment

The Jackson strap buttons are big enough that I find I don't really need strap locks. On my Gibsons I just slip a Grolsch beer washer on after the strap. Never had a strap fall off, but then again I don't do the 80's guitar spin like all you other guys.:ROTF:
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                  I like Schaller straplocks
                  +1

Comment

The Schaller locks are good too, I have them on my Squire. But they sit pretty high on the strap button, I'm worried it would be poking me in the chest on the upper strap button location. Strapped in the Schallers sit at 1.25" , the Dunlops sit at 1"

Comment

i've had dunlops fail once but still use them exclusively.

schaller are ok but will unscrew themselves over time and you'll have to stick your finger in there to hold the bolt and screw the outside knob back down... or they will fail. the button is rather small so using another strap without the locks could end up on the floor if your not careful. they also will pull your hair if your a high strapper like me.

i've heard of the plastice dimarzio clips breaking but have never used them.

well thats my 2 cents.
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I've had the Dunlops somehow slip on me too, more than once on the upper strap lock. It's a very good thing I was holding the guitar both times. Which slipped for you Dreamland?

Comment

I've heard of a few people having problems with the Dunlops over the years. I've never had a problem personally, but I prefer the Schaller or the DiMarzio Cliplock.
                          I do have the recessed Dunlops on my Mustaine signature Dean V (that's what they came with and what Dave spec'd). I think the Dual-Design is the best of the Dunlop line, since you can use a regular strap and not even have to bother using the locks with them since the flange is bigger and keeps the strap on.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What I would do, is I would place a metal washer or some disc with a hole large enough to fit on the button, but not enough for it to even sit anywhere near the end of the button. That way, the only way for your strap to go off is for you to unscrew the button screws, or strip the thread in the wood so you pull the little bastards out.
                            Bottle openers or something simmilar may work too. As long as it's hole is too narrow to clear the edges of the button, and the edges of the ring are too wide to go through the openings on the strap, you're good to go. Just a little DIY idea that I find rather useful.
                            Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                            Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Working...
                            X