Wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring question

Hello all. I'm wanting to get more bite and clarity from my neck humbucker and was wondering if bypassing the tone control for the neck pickup (only) will do this. I know that changing from a 250k pot to a 500k pot will do this, but I was wondering if running the pup full open with no tone pot will brighten it even more. My SDK2 has only one tone control so if I change the pot it will effect both pups. I love the way the bridge pup sounds now and don't want to change that. I could just buy another brighter neck pup but would like to know if this would work first before dishing out the dough. Thanks.

Wire them individually and just give each pup its own volume control.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronharmon View Post
      Wire them individually and just give each pup its own volume control.
      That would be pretty cool. But will bypassing the tone control give the pup more bite and edge? Thing is, I really like the way the bridge pup sounds as is and don't want to loose its character. It's the neck pup I want to alter.

Comment

Yeah that should give you what you want.
        I rip the tone pot out of all of my guitars cause I dont like them.
        Less = better for me.
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven
        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
          Yeah that should give you what you want.
          I rip the tone pot out of all of my guitars cause I dont like them.
          Less = better for me.
          Thanks. I just don't want to change the bridge pickup any because it really is working great as it is.

Comment

A higher value pot for the neck will add back more highs. If you wire for separate volumes, use maybe a 1meg pot for the neck.

Comment

Working...
            X