• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how do I get into NAMM?

Where do I get passes?
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Ya gotta know the right people...

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Dealers....

Comment

the first time i went to namm it was because i was friends with people who worked in a music store...their store had already gotten passes when two people decided they either didnt want to or could not go...hence i got the passes...so that's your best bet...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I guess I'll have to buddy-up to the kids at my Guitar Center.
          8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

I'm really good friends with the guys who own my local guitar shop so I just asked them if they could hook me up.

Becoming friends with people at your music stores is the way to go

Comment

Yep , hopefully Bizarre guitar will send us again this year? Heck, im
              running outta time!

Comment

Originally posted by FloydRose4Prez View Post
                I guess I'll have to buddy-up to the kids at my Guitar Center.
                I would think it is very rare they get passes... mainly to private members, with in those cases only the Big Wigs probably get to go.

Comment

Practice?
                  bah dum dum!
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

The 3rd day is usually open to the public, isn't it? I saw kids and other undesireables all over the place last Summer on Sunday.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I used to go to the winter NAMM in Anaheim every year. You need a pass with Your name on it to get in. I'm sure some people get through with other people's passes, but that's a gamble you'd have to take. If you know any small namm member stores in your area, I would go there first. All the kids at GC will be wanting to go and I think Guitar Center Stores only get like 6 passes or so. I know I could get another pass for this January, but I'm not going to go. It just comes down to what it's worth for you to get in.

Comment

It doesn't make any sense to me why the public can't go to a guitar show. You would think that manufacturers would want the public (their customers) to see their new products. "hey, let's have a big show for our new products but not let our potential buyers in". Not smart. Do you know how many new cars are sold as a result of auto shows? Thousands.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestarplayer View Post
                          It doesn't make any sense to me why the public can't go to a guitar show. You would think that manufacturers would want the public (their customers) to see their new products. "hey, let's have a big show for our new products but not let our potential buyers in". Not smart. Do you know how many new cars are sold as a result of auto shows? Thousands.
                          It's always been like that.
                          Usually, shows like this are for buyers to decide how to stock their shops. Due to the lead time for placing and getting orders.

Auto's are not quite the same,as the majors tend to have a good cycle for their models, and, 1 store is usually dedicated to a brand. (usually)...

It's like that in other industries also. Video, book and toy shows.
                          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestarplayer View Post
                            You raise a good point, but it's probably about logistics more than anything else...

As it is, the crowds are almost unbearable on Friday and Saturday (with Thursday and Sunday not much better), opening it to the public would create a whole new dimension of "clusterfuck".

And it's not like they can find a much bigger place - the Anaheim Convention Center is HUGE!
                            Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I always give passes and transportation to my top buyers! If someone buys $15,000.00 worth of gear in one year, they get free hotel as well!

As for the public going to the NAMM show, I do agree that they should sell tickets to the public, but the problem is the space. Saturday alone will probably net over 60 thousand people... I remember last year was just a nightmare to move around sometimes. Slash was signing at the Marshall booth and it was absolutely impossible to pass by the booth to get somewhere, it was a traffic jam.
                              Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Working...
                              X