Kahler Flyer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler Flyer?

Hey guys, I may buy a guitar with a Kahler Flyer in it and only have owned the Pro models. What is the difference in the 2? Is the Flyer cheaper or ?

Thanks-Jack

Flyer is cheaper. I've never owned a Flyer.

Comment

yep cheaper. I used to think I had a flyer on my model 6 then I thought it was a pro. nope used standard flat mount.
      The base is a different shape. Not sure if you can swap without any issues.

Comment

different base plate, same mounting hole spacing iirc. the saddles are different as well.

Comment

This site should answer most if not all of your questions. I'd have to dig out my old flyer to see what the differences are. I do know that a little bit of the route showed due to the different base plates when I switched to a pro.

Comment

You can put the Pro Saddles on a Flyer, making it essentially a Pro.
            Then it will fit your body with no questions or problems.
            I didnt know about the bases being different, though, that's a new one to me.
            Kahler actually sells this as a kit to upgrade the Flyer to a Pro.
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Thanks everyone. Is the Flyer and import(china or?) version of the Pro?

Comment

Do you guys reccomend the regular bullet arm or the heavier duty one that looks more like a floyd arm?

Jack

Comment

Flyers were OEM only AFAIK. Mine says made in USA.

I've never used the bullet arm so I can't comment on that.

The differences I see are the flyer lacks side to side saddle adjustment and the flyer cam lacks the arm clutch (to adjust the arm swing from free to almost locked). The flyer has brass saddle assemblies and cam, the pro has steel. As stated above, you can put on pro saddles. I'm not sure about the cam.

Variety is cool I'd just leave the flyer alone if you get the guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Bri View Post
                    Flyers were OEM only AFAIK. Mine says made in USA.

I've never used the bullet arm so I can't comment on that.

The differences I see are the flyer lacks side to side saddle adjustment and the flyer cam lacks the arm clutch (to adjust the arm swing from free to almost locked). The flyer has brass saddle assemblies and cam, the pro has steel. As stated above, you can put on pro saddles. I'm not sure about the cam.

Variety is cool I'd just leave the flyer alone if you get the guitar.
                    Thank you!! I just bought a new bullet arm(bought from Kahler) for it and man is it sloppy when pulling up or down on it. Way too much play in it. This could be Kahlers tolerances or this Flyer was really whammy`d before I got it? I am use to the collared floyd arms with no play.

Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X