Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noise from my Jackson PC3

Hi all,

Hope this is in the right place. I have a Jackson PC3 with standard Duncan design p'ups - which sound ok - but not brilliant. Now then, when Im playing I get a crackling like sound. Doesnt happen when im not playing. I dont have this problem with the les paul or the charvel 5, so I know its not amp/pedals/cables etc. Is it liely a wiring/pickup issue. I had the local guitar store check my jack whne it was set up not too long ago, but nothing appeared wrong. I was thinking of sticking EMG's in it - but I dont want to spend money if im going to have the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

If you decide to go with EMGs you won't have the problem if it's the wiring. An EMG set replaces the entire wiring of the guitar.

I'm no pro, but it does sound like some sort of wiring problem. Of course you can go through the entire system and troubleshoot until you find it. But if you wanna go EMGs, just do it and problem solved.

Comment

Could be the jack prong is bent too far out and is not making solid contact with the plug. Bend it in a bit and see if that fixes the problem.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ah right. thanks for the tips. I will try these after work.

Comment

ok, i've figured it out. Im an ass! I have a heavy right hand and this has been causing the string to touch the screwheads on the pickup. As my charvel and gibson have p'up covers on, this isnt an issue. Im Useless lol. I guess that really makes my decision on my EMGs lol.

Comment

So? You saved some money!
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
            X