My PC1 twins in their full glory!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My PC1 twins in their full glory!

I thought I'd shoot some fast pictures of my two PC1's. The one on the left is the '98 Koa version that just arrived a few days ago.

Check that stunning Koa back!

The VHT 2150 finally arrived today and thanks to the MORONS at UPS two of the four KT88 tubes are broken and had it not been for the Genz Benz case the amp came it, it too would have been scrap metal. Off the the claims dept...sigh.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...5/koa-back.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...1195/twins.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...1195/front.jpg

On another note I can not figure out why pics from Photobucket never post here. It seems that only the link can be posted. Any ideas?

Hrm, are you adding the proper img tags? it should be like..

[ img ]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ninja1195/koa-back.jpg[ / img ]

Without the spaces in those brackets though. I had to put them so it doesn't just post the pic.

Sorry to hear about your VHT. I don't think I have ever shipped a tube amp without UPS or Fed Ex busting the tubes. Anything that's heavy they just throw it around regardless of whether or not it says "Fragile" all over the packing.

Comment

Wow! Those are so slick. I like how one has a quilted fretboard and the other has flamed.
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I just can't believe how good that Koa PC1 looks!

And the fact that it is 10 years old means that it truely was babied all it's life.

Now I just gotta find a Chlorine.......or a Mocha or a.....sigh....
        Last edited by vklobucar; 10-22-2008, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Looks good in its new home with a sibling. You should be getting the JMP-1 shortly...

Comment

Thanks Bryan!

Hold on real tight to that red rum you have there!!

Comment

I have a mocha and I don't think I will ever sell it.

I A/B'd it with a Hamer Standard one day - a nice standard - and the PC1 had better tone. In all fairness I don't know what pup was in the Standard but I had put a SD Custom TB-5 in the PC1.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

The Koa kills!
                Still wish I had the funds to get it. Someday...
                -Rick

Comment

Well if its any consolation rjohnstone, I pretty much put the entire purchase on the good old Amex card. This after buying a ton of rack gear including my now famously damaged VHT power amp as well as a Marshall JMP1.

The thing is I figured the chance of seeing a super clean Koa for sale outside of ebay (don't really like to spend big time cash on sellers I do not know) was slim to none.

So when this baby came up for sale I did not hesitate very long at all. Just really confirmed to me that all I ever played was my other PC1 and ALL other guitars are or have been sold off....

This baby is a keeper!!!

Comment

sexy....
                    Own:
                    '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
                    w/e catches my eyes ATM
                    More '90 Professionals

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                      Hrm, are you adding the proper img tags? it should be like..

[ img ]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ninja1195/koa-back.jpg[ / img ]
                      You don't even need to do that. When you have the full-sized image up on Photobucket, just right click on the pic, click copy, then paste it here.

Those guitars are killer, especially the old-school koa with no tone knob!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                        Well if its any consolation rjohnstone, I pretty much put the entire purchase on the good old Amex card. This after buying a ton of rack gear including my now famously damaged VHT power amp as well as a Marshall JMP1.

The thing is I figured the chance of seeing a super clean Koa for sale outside of ebay (don't really like to spend big time cash on sellers I do not know) was slim to none.

So when this baby came up for sale I did not hesitate very long at all. Just really confirmed to me that all I ever played was my other PC1 and ALL other guitars are or have been sold off....

This baby is a keeper!!!
                        Well I guess I can thank you for A) saving me from getting in trouble with the wife if I had bought it and B) putting it on your Amex... I happen to work for them.
                        -Rick

Comment

So nice, dude. Love the quilted fretboard!

Comment

Very nice!!! Is it just me, or do the older PC-1's seem like they're made out more highly figured woods / have better finishes???

Comment

Originally posted by sparky View Post
                              Very nice!!! Is it just me, or do the older PC-1's seem like they're made out more highly figured woods / have better finishes???
                              It's not just you. For some reason (wood scarcity, cutting costs, who knows.) it seems that the quality of the quilts and finishes has decreased slightly. But we're still talking head and shoulders above anything else out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X