King V and Wireless AKG Guitar Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King V and Wireless AKG Guitar Bug

Greetings all, first time poster. I hope this question is in the correct forum!

I recently bought a KVX10 to supplement my Charvel Model 3A and my Jackson Dinky Reverse. I like to play wireless and i use the AKG Guitar Bug for this purpose.

Much to my chagrin, the Bug doesn't fit the KVX10 very well due to the concave curvature of the KVX10 where the input jack is situated. I use the velcro tabs on my other two guitars and it fits nicely, but on the KVX10, the velcro on the Bug doesn't even make contact with the surface of the guitar, again due to it's bending in the opposite direction as compared to the other guitars.

Has anyone experience this issue and, if so, what did you do for a work-around.

Thanks in advance!

I dont know what type of jack you have, I'm guessing that it's a Strat style jack from the way you explained it.
    What you could do is take your jack plate off, take the jack out of it and turn the plate backwards and re install, so that it is a convex, instead of concave.
    It may look weird, but it would work with what you have.
    Or you could just put a Gibson style plate on it, but they aren't big enough to cover the Strat style's routing.

There might be something for your wireless receiver that would work instead of modifying the jack plate?
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
      I dont know what type of jack you have, I'm guessing that it's a Strat style jack from the way you explained it.
      What you could do is take your jack plate off, take the jack out of it and turn the plate backwards and re install, so that it is a convex, instead of concave.
      It may look weird, but it would work with what you have.
      Or you could just put a Gibson style plate on it, but they aren't big enough to cover the Strat style's routing.

There might be something for your wireless receiver that would work instead of modifying the jack plate?
      Thanks for the reply MC79. It's not the jack plate that's the problem, it's the fact that the jack plate is installed on the inside part of the V fin, which is the concave part of the V. If it had been installed on the outer part of the V fin, which is convex, it would have been fine but I certainly don't want to re-route the jack.

I hope I'm explaining this adequeatly so you get a picture of what I'm taling about. Think of the letter C. If you point an arrow to it from the left side, it's curving towards the arrow. If you point an arrow from the right side, it's curving away from the arrow, which is the same way the inside portion of a King V's fins curve. Because of this curve, the Bug can't make proper contact with the guitar surface's edge and engage the velcro.

Thanks again!

Comment

Yes I know what you mean now. I own 3 King V's, so I feel ya!
        Not really sure what to say to help you, cause I use a cable with mine.
        I'm sure there has to be someone on here that uses a KV/wireless combo.

Good luck
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven
        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Thanks, just the same.

Hopefully, somebody here has solved this problem once already.

Comment

hang the unit on your strap and run a short cable from the guitar to it. cabel needs to be male/female

Comment

Originally posted by Outlander View Post
              hang the unit on your strap and run a short cable from the guitar to it. cabel needs to be male/female
              Thanks! Novel idea Outlander; however, I think it might ruin the versatility that using the Bug offers. As it is now, if I break a string (live), I can switch guitars, transfer the bug, and be playing again within 10 seconds. Not sure what introducing a new cable into the mix would do as I would only need it on the V and not my other guitars.

I may have to consider something like your suggestion if no other solutions are forthcoming.

Thanks again!

Comment

Sorry, I thought I would bump this to see if anyone has a similar problem. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X