Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'01 Jackson Dinky, USA: What's it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '01 Jackson Dinky, USA: What's it worth?

Dual humbuckers (Duncan's) and a I believe a real Floyd. Sunburst Orange/Flame top. Guy says he paid $900 when he got it in '01. No case, just a gig bag. Appears to be well taken care of, he doesn't really play anymore. What's the going rate on these? I'm thinking it's a steal @ $300.
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

if it's a usa dinky, i'd bet $100 that it has a floyd, and if it does, then it's more than a steal at twice the price...
    198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
    1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
    2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
    2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
    2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
    2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
    2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

Dude! If you can score a USA DK2 for three beanz, do it.

Comment

He just e-mailed back saying it's a licensed Floyd. I may pull the trigger anyway. He's less then an hour away. Might be the deal ("steal") of the century...

Comment

if it's a licensed floyd then it's not an '01 USA dinky. Sounds like a dk2, pics would help. If you don't own a guitar in the quality range of a dk2, then go for it, it's a good deal. but it's not the steal of a century.

Comment

Yeah, I thought that was a bit weird, the licensed Floyd on a USA made Jackson? This guy mentioned he knew diddly-squat about guitars. I just bought a Dinky Reverse Pro. a few weeks ago and my L-500XL p/u just arrived in the mail today. I was gonna {hire someone to} work on that guitar and get it tight before I even considered adding to the collection. I can stretch $300 on repairs and new gear. My lame truck needs new tires, too. Thanks for the info...Any more is always appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by FloydRose4Prez View Post
              He just e-mailed back saying it's a licensed Floyd. I may pull the trigger anyway. He's less then an hour away. Might be the deal ("steal") of the century...
              beware!
              198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
              1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
              2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
              2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
              2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
              2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
              2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

I'd have to go look at it first.When they say they don't know squat that throws up the red flags.It could be good for you or bad just depends.
                Also never tell them how to tell the difference between they USA and imports they may find another one down the road and call you wanting to sell it on the cheap.
                I get 2-3 calls a week from music stores/pawnshops wanting to know if the have a REAL jackson.I tell them hold on to it until I get to look at it and give them an appraisal.
                I have snagged several nice USA Jacksons and Charvels this way.
                Last edited by straycat; 10-18-2008, 12:00 AM.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Foulacy View Post
                  if it's a licensed floyd then it's not an '01 USA dinky. Sounds like a dk2, pics would help. If you don't own a guitar in the quality range of a dk2, then go for it, it's a good deal. but it's not the steal of a century.
                  the only DK2 with two hums is the DK2M. So it may even be a DXMG or a DX10 with a pickup swap. More info that a 2 hum Dinky with Duncans would help identify it. The serial number would tell us in a sec if it was an import or not.

As for the licensed trem, the older US Dinkies had Schaller trems, but they also had H-S-S pickups.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Careful guys, there was indeed a USA Dinky with 2 Duncan hums and licensed Floyd. The reversed head DR2. It also did not have inlays on the board. Is that what you're looking at?
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                      The serial number would tell us in a sec if it was an import or not. Careful guys, there was indeed a USA Dinky with 2 Duncan hums and licensed Floyd. The reversed head DR2. It also did not have inlays on the board. Is that what you're looking at?
                      Hey guys, here's the serial: 00101494
                      Reverse Headstock, Sharkfin inlays-reversed

I believe the Duncan's are original. The seller noted that he's not much of an enthusiast, unlike the rest of us. I doubt he swapped 'em out.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                        Careful guys, there was indeed a USA Dinky with 2 Duncan hums and licensed Floyd. The reversed head DR2. It also did not have inlays on the board. Is that what you're looking at?
                        good call, Joe. They also had a licensed trem, didn't they?
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                        X