Went fishing the other day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went fishing the other day

...on craigslist and this is what I caught.

1990 Jackson Soloist, Serial J5766. It's a white guitar that has faded into a nice yellow.

All stock except for the mini toggles which were replaced at one time.

Overall condition is a 8.5/10.

I just set it up and it is a nice player. The neck profile is much fatter that the current Select series.

www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Nice - can't go wrong with classic black on white!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

im jealous! good find. looks like im gonna have to improve my search methods...
      My Childrens
      -------------
      Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
      Lefty RR1T trans black
      Lefty Sl2HT trans black
      Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BeholdTheFallen View Post
        I just did a simple:

"WTB: Vintage lefty Jackson/Charvel guitars"

and someone responded. We talked, worked out a price and I drove to his place to pick up the guitar. In all, from ad placement to guitar in hands was two days.

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Wow, that is fuxxing awesome man. I'm a lefty myself and that rocks. Very nice guitar! I got my eye on a white Cort Performer series that looks exactly the same as that, even down to the knob/switch layout. The pawnshop is asking $80!!!

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
          I just did a simple:

and someone responded. We talked, worked out a price and I drove to his place to pick up the guitar. In all, from ad placement to guitar in hands was two days.

joe...
          "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

I just did a simple:

joe...
            huh? so he's buying a guitar?
            but nice catch btw
            cant wait til jim777's soloist arrive
            Own:
            '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
            w/e catches my eyes ATM
            More '90 Professionals

Comment

What I did was placed an ad on Craigslist asking if anyone had a guitar that they wanted to sell me and someone said yeah....SCORE! I place my ad about twice a month and I usually get nothing but this time I did.

Regarding the CORT...I think some of those were made of plywood--the early/mid 80's versions. I had a cort explorer (see my website for pic www.godwentpunk.com) for pics of it. It was a nice guitar, I just couldn't get into it. It was made from plywood.

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

sweet grab, joe! Very nice. But your pictures are all bass-ackwards...
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Hah, looks like I do too Nice guitar though! Liking the black on white!
                  As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Comment

More pics!
                    My Childrens
                    -------------
                    Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
                    Lefty RR1T trans black
                    Lefty Sl2HT trans black
                    Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

More pics!
                      I know the pictues suck. My dig cam is DOA so I had to use the camera from my phone.

This guitar make it 25 for me.

joe....
                      www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

What I did was placed an ad on Craigslist asking if anyone had a guitar that they wanted to sell me and someone said yeah....SCORE! I place my ad about twice a month and I usually get nothing but this time I did.

Regarding the CORT...I think some of those were made of plywood--the early/mid 80's versions. I had a cort explorer (see my website for pic www.godwentpunk.com) for pics of it. It was a nice guitar, I just couldn't get into it. It was made from plywood.

joe...
                        plywood seriously?? I'm going their today to look at it again and probalby offer him a price. I'll look into what the bodies are made off before I take off, thanks for the heads up!
                        "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Originally posted by DeathThrashAttack View Post
                          plywood seriously?? I'm going their today to look at it again and probalby offer him a price. I'll look into what the bodies are made off before I take off, thanks for the heads up!
                          Did you check out that guitar yet?

joe...
                          www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Working...
                          X