Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan TB-6 Distortion/SH-1 59' VS Dimarzio Evolution/Paf Pro

Hi there

I live in Venezulea so you have to excuse my english.

I just recently purchased my new guitar and gear:
    - Jackson KVX10 (baswood body, floyd, 24 frets, duncan design pickups, etc...)
    - Line 6 Spider III 75W amp
    - Digitech RP500

I planned to change the stock pickups (duncan designed) with the real deal (Seymour Duncan TB-6 Distortion/SH-1 59'). The problem is that the person who bought the stuff for me in miami (he has no knowledge at all in guitars, and I give him all my recomendations and specifications) had a problem finding the Trembucker version of the Duncan Distortion (just have the regular SH-6 version at the store) and my friend ended buying a Dimarzio Paf Pro Neck and a Dimarzio Evolution Bridge (f-spaced). The person is still in miami and there is still a chance to change the pickups back at the store.
    This is almost my first gear (I had a Charvel a long time ago).
    I play Heavy Metal, Power Metal and Thrash Metal (Judas Priest, Maiden, Dio, Helloween, Metallica, Megadeth, Heavenly, Firewind, Dragonland, Persuader, etc..)
    I need your help here... Should I change back the pickups or should I keep them?
    Am I on the right track for a good metal sound?
    I like heavy riffs with deep palm muted crunch sounds and blazing solos with a lot of tapping and screaming pinch harmonics.
    I'm open to any suggestion on this matter so please make your comment and help me find the right pickups for me.

Thanks in advance

the EVo will get you closer to Dragonforce and the Distortion will get you closer to Megadeth.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

You should be good to go. I am dumping all my SD distortions myself.

Comment

Get Evo. It sounds amazing. I´ve put one in my Alexi-600 and sound range is reeaallly wide, i also changed volume poti to Dimarzio push-pull poti and now i can play some Maiden and other single coil stuff. Evo allowes you to adjuts gain with your volume poti so, tone is not needed.
        Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro 2015
        Jackson "Phobia" King-V
        BC Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth
        SG Mutt "Swamp Thing"

BC Rich Warlock One Bass

Orange Micro Terror
        Laney TF300
        Randall 1X8

PERKELE!!!

Comment

I'm still pondering on this subject myself. I wanna swap out my SH-8/SH-10 in my WR1 for either Dimarzio Evo's or Seymour Duncan SH-6/TB-6. I also have a DK1 with EMG 81/85 pups which seem to over-normalise/compress the sound. I want plenty of distortion but don't want weak or very strong compression/normalisation.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

You can't go wrong with an Evo.
            I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Tnx Guys

I´m going to keep the Evo/Paf Pro setup...

You´ve all been very helpful...

Comment

Get a Evo2...much better than the one-trick harsh Evo
                Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

i'm not really a fan of the Evo or the SD. for your basswood guitar i'd personnaly go with a FRED and PAF pro.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                  X