X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler vs. Floyd Rose

which do you prefer and why?

Advantages and disadvantages of each?

Kahler is nice because you can rest your hand and palm mute without worrying about pressing down and making the notes go sharp.

Floyd nut owns a Kahler nut.

Floyds have better resale and I believe are better for more lead work and versatility.
    Last edited by AK47; 10-13-2008, 07:38 PM.

Comment

I've never been a big fan of how Floyds feel. Especially recessed ones.

That said I still think they're the best trem on the market if you're gonna use a trem.

I'd rather have a Kahler though cause I prefer how they feel.

Comment

forget them the wonder bar is the best
        "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

If I HAD to pick one of the two, it would be Floyd, only because thats what Im most comfortable with. Ive got a few Kahlers too, and they are great bridges, I love the amount of adjustability you can get with them.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

This guy has a 4 part series on the comparison of the two. Check them out. It answered a lot of questions I had

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy1eiMZ5nUk

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com
            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I agree with AK47 in that the Floyd nut is better. I usually block my Floyd 'cuz I rarley do whammy stuff, but I find them to be the most comfortable bridge to play.
              I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

the kahler goes out of tune when you do a bend so i dont want one. but i only have 2 guitars with floyds, so im no whammy whore.
                Maybe the dingo at your baby?

Comment

^^^
                  How does a Kahler go out of tune? I never knew you couldn't even tune a Kahler.
                  Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                  www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by mastershake View Post
                    the kahler goes out of tune when you do a bend so i dont want one. but i only have 2 guitars with floyds, so im no whammy whore.

Lol, maybe you should try a Kahler.

Comment

Any improperly setup guitar will go out of tune when using the bar... dont blame the bridge.
                      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I love 'em both. To me, there's a difference in feel. The Kahler has a smoother action to me and has a very light feel. The Floyd is a little bit more instantaneous... a little more abrupt in feeling.
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

I have had various Floyds, Kahler Steeler and now a Gotoh.

They have all worked fine for me. I can't tell any difference really.
                          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

My experience has been than Kahler is more difficult to maintain and work on because it has more allen screws throughout and more places to adjust (all with different size allen wrenches too). And a Kahler feels "soft and mushy" to me while a Floyd feels more responsive.

I think the disadvantages to Floyds are breaking a string in mid-gig, can't rest your hand on them, and the major body route required.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Shred View Post
                              And a Kahler feels "soft and mushy" to me while a Floyd feels more responsive.
                              Agree

Originally posted by Doctor Shred View Post
                              I think the disadvantages to Floyds are breaking a string in mid-gig, can't rest your hand on them, and the major body route required.
                              If you break a string on a kahler, a new string is the only way. On a floyd, you might be able to unwind some and re-clamp in a pinch. A new string would still be best.

Regarding the hand rest issue, I started with kahlers because I believed that. I'm new to floyds and I don't have problem resting my hand on it or palm muting.

Comment

Working...
                              X