Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume Potentiometer For A Dinky Model Jackson

Hey everyone,
    I need to replace my voluime potentiometer and was wondering if anyone knows where i can get the right size and specifications for my dinky model jackson.

The one i have now makes horrible crackling sounds when i turn the volume knob up and down and although i had someone check it out and clean it up for me, it only helped reduce the noise a little and so i guess i have a bad pot that needs to be replaced.

Im new to this and so far I know that i need one that is quarter size and is A500k.

Here are some pics so that someone can hopefully estimate the size diameters for the shaft and ect.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/janpequeno
    You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jpequeno0725/videos

I don't recall the exact size, but go with Metric/Import if they are labeled. Some brands like Mighty Mite that are made overseas aren't just and drop right in. Fwiw, you may want to try a 500k and a 250k to see what you like best tonally if you are dealing with a Duncan JB in the bridge.

Comment

It's also worth maybe having somebody put standard size CTS pots in there if it's an import. You'll get a more reliable pot that actually sounds better in conjunction with a decent capacitor of your choice.
      There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

I'd go with a RS Guitar Works Superpot 500K (Long Stem). If the hole is too small diameter wise, I'd ream to 3/8" (10mm). The RS CTS Superpot is excellent. They are made to higher tolerences and use better materials than the standard CTS pots.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Try some electronics cleaner first. it should clean up the scratchiness. I've never seen one that can't be cleaned up. But if there is a mechanical problem with the resistance strip and you do replace it I'd highly recommend a 1 or 2 meg replacement. It'll give you tons more gain and a broader frequency response due to less bleed off of your signal to ground. Stew mac sells the 1 meg and the 2 meg are available from Torres engineeing. It's an Excellent cheap upgrade i do to all of my guitars.
          Last edited by tone deaf; 10-09-2008, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X