another warranty question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another warranty question

I bought a DK1 in snakeskin only to find the binding and dots or not flush with each other. I checked my WR1 and they're definitely poking out on the DK1. The shop has refused to give a refund (asshats), despite having returned to the shop in less than 7 days. Their excuse is because it was bought in a sale. I'm told to expect 2 weeks. TBH, I don't want a repaired guitar with signs of modding on it. I want a complete replacement guitar or replacement neck as well as a replacement case.

Since becoming a member of JCF, I've come to realise that even minor issues like the one I'm talking about are intolerable, regardless of what price we pay for a USA Jackson (and even more so on a custom shop USA).

Unfortunately, my camera is too crap to spot the anomoly. But you can definitely feel it. There is now a ding on the front of the body, which I suspect is because they initially loaned me a Hiscox case, in which the guitar is free to roam around. There's also a mark on the headstock stretching from the wood and across half the binding, and I can't get rid of it. The neck as a whole feels rough/inconsistent, even after cleaning, and I'm still wondering about the 8338 serial on what is supposed to be a 2005 production.

What should I expect in terms of "repair"?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

If you want all that stuff fixed, i would guess something in the range of $200-400 US. Of course depends on the luthier.
    "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Maybe it's not a genuine Jackson, what with the odd serial, mark on the neck, the fact that they didn't have the case for it, and the shoddy binding work.

I'd go straight to Jackson with warranty questions.
      Scott

Comment

Quote the Sales of Goods act 1979 at them and get trading standards involved if it's a shop, if you bought it from Joe Bloggs in the pub, you're fucked.

Some advice http://whatconsumer.co.uk/it%E2%80%9...ve-any-rights/
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

They've sent the guitar away, promised a repair/replacement guitar and a free replacement case. 2 weeks to go.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

wow. go get a razor blade, scrape it flush, and be done with it. it'll take you all of three minutes.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post

Since becoming a member of JCF, I've come to realise that even minor issues like the one I'm talking about are intolerable, regardless of what price we pay for a USA Jackson (and even more so on a custom shop USA).
              that's not necessarily a good thing. yeah it's good that you can notice issues, but you've also potentially become hypersensitive. i've noticed that "issue" before on all kindsa guitars. it's not a big deal at all and stupid easy to fiix, especially for a non painted, bolt on neck.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                Maybe it's not a genuine Jackson, what with the odd serial, mark on the neck, the fact that they didn't have the case for it, and the shoddy binding work.

I'd go straight to Jackson with warranty questions.

I've been having some discussion with a guy I was in contact with @ Fender while my guitar was being repaired about Simon's guitar. It is an original Jackson serial number and not a Fender Jackson, but the actual production date is 2002, not 2005. He mentioned this guitar is one of the very last guitars made by Jackson before the Fender buyout.

Hopefully they give you a new guitar.
                "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Thanks Steve. Just PM'd you before I read this. Keeping my fingers crossed for mid-October.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                  X