Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gfs humbucker?

I just won this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Single-Humbucker...d=p3286.c0.m14

Has anybody here bought and tried this humbucker/pickguard?
    Last edited by MortenP; 09-30-2008, 02:20 AM. Reason: Wrong link
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

I have some GFS in one of my Rans crunchy rails and a 59 style pickup in the neck, both are nice pickups, I dont think that one you linked is a gfs pickup...

Contact them via email but I believe it's just a generic cheapo pickup wired in...

Porbably not worth that much tbh you can get good pickups for cheap so i'd reccomend buying a better pickup seperately with a guard aswell...

Comment

Fwiw though, aren't GFS probably just made in the same place that makes Mighty Mite and a dozen other ebay/house brands?

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
        Fwiw though, aren't GFS probably just made in the same place that makes Mighty Mite and a dozen other ebay/house brands?

*shrug* Probably, and that might say something about the quality of materials and construction, but all the vendors "makers" have their own specs or formulas.

Personally I think GFS pickups are great if you get a set like I did for $2 on the bay. That's not to say they're crap, but in my mind anything over $20 is worth saving another 40 more and getting a duncan or dimarzio.

-Steve
        Guitars:
        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
        Amp:
        VOX AD30VT

Comment

Is that a GFS pickup? I don't see that anywhere in the auction. Jay gets liquidated no-name brand pickups too, so it might be one of those. That is of course assuming I didn't just miss it in the auction. Anyway, I've dealt with Jay plenty of times, and always been happy. The GFS pickups I've got are great.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

My non-GFS "Hex" pickups from Jay really have worked out great for me, but that was on clearance. Not sure if I'd have paid regular price for them. Hard to say no to a $25 pair for a project guitar though, and I have ended up using it for recording.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X